Gaming Could you guys please recommend me some good 360 headsets?

Makoto03

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently sold my packed in microsoft headset to help pay for MW2, so i was wondering if you guys could recommend me some replacement head sets wired or wireless (though, i'm sure wired would be the cheapest). I remember using the Microsoft one a couple years ago when i first got my 360 and i had a couple problems with people hearing me and the volume for hearing them was kinda low.

Blue Zoidberg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I remember right, the first couple generations of headphones bundled with xboxes were pretty poor.
Your best option for a replacement would be checking out a site like DX (they have several available, all for less than ten bucks) for a cheap solution or try a pure gaming website for a more quality, pricey option.
If you really want to go ghetto, the port is just a 2.5mm jack so you could probably use an old cellphone headset
tongue.gif

Makoto03

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, so i can use headsets that are specifically made for 360? Well, actually i want to use the headset more for party chat than for actually hearing games or anything.

Makoto03

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by the way, is it possible to use bluetooth? I think my mom has a wireless thing she uses for her cell phone. Maybe she will let me use it. Hope i can figure out how to work it.

vjgbatemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makoto03 said:
by the way, is it possible to use bluetooth? I think my mom has a wireless thing she uses for her cell phone. Maybe she will let me use it. Hope i can figure out how to work it.

no, you can only use bluetooth headsets that are specially made for the xbox. you will not be able to use the cell phone one.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm no expert on this or anything, but I use Turtle Beach X-somethings, the cheapest one. I want the wireless X-41s though, do I smell a Christmas present?
biggrin.gif
But yea, Turtle Beach headphones are okay, and they cover your ears, and you can connect it to the TV so you can hear the game too.

Makoto03

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
driverzx said:
You should buy the cheap-ass things from DX. Not those which cover your whole ears, you can't hear the game then.
yeah, i saw some of those on DX. I don't mind not hearing game, since i mostly use headset for party chat. And even when i use it on Modern Warfare 2, i have the game volume down low anyway.

WhoRuJudge

No, Who Are You?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makoto03 said:
I don't mind not hearing the game, since i want the headsets mostly to just chat with friends on Xbox live.

Also, i checked around Amazon and found this product: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Over-Ear-He...8713&sr=8-1

It seems to have mostly good reviews and its really cheap. Any of you guys have this or know anything about it?

I have actually bought that exact headset. It works pretty well. Volume is not the greatest. At the highest volume, voices are just a tad low if the other players' mics aren't close enough.
Everyone seems to hear me fine, so the mic on it is good.

I had a Mad Catz ear bud mic thing that was crap. Once I got MW2 I ended up buying that headset. I would go with that if I were you.

Makoto03

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WhoRuJudge said:
Makoto03 said:
I don't mind not hearing the game, since i want the headsets mostly to just chat with friends on Xbox live.

Also, i checked around Amazon and found this product: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Over-Ear-He...8713&sr=8-1

It seems to have mostly good reviews and its really cheap. Any of you guys have this or know anything about it?

I have actually bought that exact headset. It works pretty well. Volume is not the greatest. At the highest volume, voices are just a tad low if the other players' mics aren't close enough.
Everyone seems to hear me fine, so the mic on it is good.

I had a Mad Catz ear bud mic thing that was crap. Once I got MW2 I ended up buying that headset. I would go with that if I were you.
Yeah, the over the ear headset has been pretty good ever since i got it last year. But it has some trouble picking up my voice at times. It may be just me, since i talk softly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but...