Could you guys please recommend me some good 360 headsets?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Makoto03, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Makoto03
    OP

Member Makoto03 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I recently sold my packed in microsoft headset to help pay for MW2, so i was wondering if you guys could recommend me some replacement head sets wired or wireless (though, i'm sure wired would be the cheapest). I remember using the Microsoft one a couple years ago when i first got my 360 and i had a couple problems with people hearing me and the volume for hearing them was kinda low.

2. Blue Zoidberg

Member Blue Zoidberg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If I remember right, the first couple generations of headphones bundled with xboxes were pretty poor.
    Your best option for a replacement would be checking out a site like DX (they have several available, all for less than ten bucks) for a cheap solution or try a pure gaming website for a more quality, pricey option.
    If you really want to go ghetto, the port is just a 2.5mm jack so you could probably use an old cellphone headset [​IMG]

3. Makoto03
    OP

United States
    wait, so i can use headsets that are specifically made for 360? Well, actually i want to use the headset more for party chat than for actually hearing games or anything.

4. Makoto03
    OP

United States
    by the way, is it possible to use bluetooth? I think my mom has a wireless thing she uses for her cell phone. Maybe she will let me use it. Hope i can figure out how to work it.

5. vjgbatemp

Newcomer vjgbatemp Advanced Member

United States
    no, you can only use bluetooth headsets that are specially made for the xbox. you will not be able to use the cell phone one.

6. driverzx

Member driverzx GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    You should buy the cheap-ass things from DX. Not those which cover your whole ears, you can't hear the game then.

7. Makoto03
    OP

United States
    I don't mind not hearing the game, since i want the headsets mostly to just chat with friends on Xbox live.

Also, i checked around Amazon and found this product: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Over-Ear-He...8713&sr=8-1

It seems to have mostly good reviews and its really cheap. Any of you guys have this or know anything about it?

8. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    I'm no expert on this or anything, but I use Turtle Beach X-somethings, the cheapest one. I want the wireless X-41s though, do I smell a Christmas present? [​IMG] But yea, Turtle Beach headphones are okay, and they cover your ears, and you can connect it to the TV so you can hear the game too.

9. Makoto03
    OP

United States
    yeah i saw the turtle headsets online, but i couldn't find one cheaper than $90.

10. Makoto03
    OP

United States
    yeah, i saw some of those on DX. I don't mind not hearing game, since i mostly use headset for party chat. And even when i use it on Modern Warfare 2, i have the game volume down low anyway.

11. driverzx

Member driverzx GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    You don't have to say it twice, you know.

12. Makoto03
    OP

United States
    whoops....i guess i wasn't really paying attention to what i was posting. >_

13. WhoRuJudge

Newcomer WhoRuJudge No, Who Are You?

United States
    I have actually bought that exact headset. It works pretty well. Volume is not the greatest. At the highest volume, voices are just a tad low if the other players' mics aren't close enough.
    Everyone seems to hear me fine, so the mic on it is good.

I had a Mad Catz ear bud mic thing that was crap. Once I got MW2 I ended up buying that headset. I would go with that if I were you.

14. Makoto03
    OP

United States
    Yeah, the over the ear headset has been pretty good ever since i got it last year. But it has some trouble picking up my voice at times. It may be just me, since i talk softly.