Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
OP
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
OK, so Diddy Kong Racing was one of my favourite N64 games, and obviously the DS version was entirely botched with all the stupid touch screen crap, but I was wondering how hard it would be to make at least some of that play itself. The spinning wheel sections of Ouendan have an AR code which makes them spin automatically, so I was wondering if something similar could be done with the stupid boosts at the start of races in DKRDS, and in those stupid touch challenges the bosses give you where you have to spin the wheel every few seconds to keep moving. Obviously some of the touch crap is more complicated, like those magic carpet ride things, so I'm only specifically asking about the more simple stuff. Does any of this sound plausible?

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see the same thing implemented personally. I hate using touch controls for most games because it feels incomplete, almost like it was an after-thought.

I would also like to know if this is possible.

Thanks

Benandanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree, there's a lot of games that could benefit from this. (Starfox Command, I'm looking at you ESPECIALLY here).

Touch-screen controls are nice as an option, but when they force them on you, then they can get frustrating. Considering Zelda got a workaround for the controls, other games should be possible as well.

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Benandanti said:
I agree, there's a lot of games that could benefit from this. (Starfox Command, I'm looking at you ESPECIALLY here).

Touch-screen controls are nice as an option, but when they force them on you, then they can get frustrating. Considering Zelda got a workaround for the controls, other games should be possible as well.

More info on this Zelda work around?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got rid of it too for the goddamn touchy feely tacked on bs that interfered with my holding the DS while driving/flying/boating. At least it was playable unlike Starfox which should burn in hell not just for that but the horrid limited turns fog of war moving targets hope you get lucky before you're out of gas bullshit.

I hate it when stuff is tacked on just to feel like you're getting into it with the craze. Do it right or don't fucking do it at all. I mean the GOOD castlevania so far on DS would have been perfect had it not been for connect the dots monster death.

ShiningSaber

Tiger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
I got rid of it too for the goddamn touchy feely tacked on bs that interfered with my holding the DS while driving/flying/boating. At least it was playable unlike Starfox which should burn in hell not just for that but the horrid limited turns fog of war moving targets hope you get lucky before you're out of gas bullshit.

I hate it when stuff is tacked on just to feel like you're getting into it with the craze. Do it right or don't fucking do it at all. I mean the GOOD castlevania so far on DS would have been perfect had it not been for connect the dots monster death.
Castlevania : Dawn of Sorrow was good, and the connect the dots thing actually made sense if you listened to the story

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans