Hacking could this end our problems sd male to usb

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
(Limited by the SDHC specification to maximum 32GB)

Pointless, since the only reason to hook up an USB drive is size.

For crying out loud people! I can read!

1) I did say, "something like"

2) It *might* be able to handle more! Who knows, until it's bought! You can't always go by what it says on the box with old tech! The PSP was never tagged for being able to have 256GB, but it can be done!

Reactions: WeedZ

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For crying out loud people! I can read!

1) I did say, "something like"

2) It *might* be able to handle more! Who knows, until it's bought! You can't always go by what it says on the box with old tech! The PSP was never tagged for being able to have 256GB, but it can be done!
You got a point. Might get one and try it out, but it might be more fun to just solder my own.

Scoop111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seriously, a working USB to SD-Adapter could theoratically work miracles. Everybody's talking about transfer-speed, though to me it doesn't seem to be the real issue. I read in another thread, that transfer speed on the SD-Port is limited to about 25 MB/s. This is why super fast SD-Cards don't load much faster than standard ones. I also read that the WiiU's drive only reads with about 60 MB/s or so. If that's correct, all the games should "only" take about twice the time loading. But as we all know, many games take much more time, especially those who consist of lots of small files. So the real problem is the internal data allocation of the SD-Card, the step BEFORE the actual data-transfer. A USB-HDD would provide a much faster internal file access, even though the following transfer is limited by the speed of the SD-Port.

The benefit could be that games, which have 10 times longer loading time could speed up to only needing twice the time to load compared to the disc.

Last edited by Scoop111,
Reactions: halpmenao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.