Could this be a way get gold colored pants on your miis?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by annoyingcalc, Jun 15, 2014.

1. annoyingcalc
    OP

annoyingcalc GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2014
    United States
    I noticed that you could export a mii as a QR code and I was wondering, since I have seen some Mii QR codes with gold pants from Nintendo, it is possible to create a mii with gold pants by editing the data in the QR code?

2. Gadorach

Gadorach Electronics Engineering Technologist

Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Canada
    I'm going to say probably not. The reason being that it is likely encrypted using the 3DS AES engine, like everything else on the 3DS, so you'd need a hacked 3DS to resign it after editing it.

3. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    If a real-time cheat engine/memory editor is released then it would be pretty simple but that is OT from your question.

4. RachelB

RachelB GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2013
    United States
    I doubt. It will probably block it on a retail 3ds. If you try to transfer from a wii, it won't let you if the pants are gold.

5. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    QR codes are not encrypted or if they are they don't use the same encryption that the 3DS uses exclusively. Mii QR codes are both compatible with Wii/Wii-U and the 3DS. Most likely the QR codes use obfuscation to make it more difficult to edit them. But I doubt they went as far as to encrypt them. QR codes don't offer much in terms of data storage, so encryption would waste a lot of that.

6. bobmcjr

bobmcjr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
  7. mattrunks
    This message by mattrunks has been removed from public view by Depravo, Jun 18, 2014, Reason: Spam.
    Jun 18, 2014
  8. gamesquest1
    This message by gamesquest1 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Aug 19, 2014, Reason: spam.
    Jun 18, 2014
  9. mattrunks
    This message by mattrunks has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Aug 19, 2014, Reason: spam.
    Jun 29, 2014