Hardware Could this be a problem with my switches battery?

samcambolt270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a modded switch with autorcm on, and the battery seemed to have drained overnight in sleep mode, so I plugged it into the charging cable, only for the screen to instantly turn off. It refused to turn back on, and after plugging it into my computer with a usbC cable, my payload pusher said there was no switch connected. After some fiddling, plugging the charger into it a few times, pressing and holding the power button, etc. I tried plugging it back into the computer and now it said it was connected? After pushing the payload, it booted back up fine?
Could this be a problem with the battery? Or could it be a weird bug with atmosphere, and the switch was actually on but the screen was stuck in the off state, hence why it wouldn't say rcm was on when I connected it.
Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a modded switch with autorcm on, and the battery seemed to have drained overnight in sleep mode, so I plugged it into the charging cable, only for the screen to instantly turn off. It refused to turn back on, and after plugging it into my computer with a usbC cable, my payload pusher said there was no switch connected. After some fiddling, plugging the charger into it a few times, pressing and holding the power button, etc. I tried plugging it back into the computer and now it said it was connected? After pushing the payload, it booted back up fine?
Could this be a problem with the battery? Or could it be a weird bug with atmosphere, and the switch was actually on but the screen was stuck in the off state, hence why it wouldn't say rcm was on when I connected it.
Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?

I had this issue once, when I was using autoRCM, and the battery discharged. It seems to always be a pain to recover from this.

Now that I use emuMMC for HB and sysNAND for legit practice, I have said goodbye to autoRCM!

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It didn't discharge all the way. It had twenty percent when I plugged it in and it just turned off the instant the plug went in.

It's possible that the software crashed it or it shorted for some reason. If you don't reboot often, then it seems more likely. Even if it appeared to be off it likely needed to be forced-powered down before you could turn it back on again. This isn't a battery issue, but it could be a software/static build up issue tripped the power delivery.

samcambolt270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that the software crashed it or it shorted for some reason. If you don't reboot often, then it seems more likely. Even if it appeared to be off it likely needed to be forced-powered down before you could turn it back on again. This isn't a battery issue, but it could be a software/static build up issue tripped the power delivery.
That sounds somewhat likely. I rarely ever turn it off, because I have to plug it into the computer to turn it back on.

Reactions: tabzer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.