Hacking Could someone please explain the 3-in-1 to me?

thejellydude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about getting a Cyclo, but I've heard nasty things, ranging from being hard to put on games, to incompatibility, to patching, etc. Could someone please clear up for me what is true and what isn't? Thanks.

NeoShweaty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent had to use patches, had any compatability issues (have about 20 or so games including new ones like assassin's creed and prof layten) and it is just drag and drop for nds games. Not sure where you heard all that mess.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
Could someone please clear up for me what is true and what isn't?
Simple use gbata program to patch games and everything will work including saves (ez4 patcher sometimes wrongly patch games and there are no saves).

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've got a 3in1, just use Rudolph's new GBA ExpLoader 0.2 then you WON'T have to patch your ROMs on the PC before putting them onto the uSD. Rudolph's new and improved app auto-patches saving for ROMs, allows you to put ROMs anywhere on the uSD, and works with the new 3in1 hardware revision.

This is a new version, so it may still have some bugs.

There's also Cory 1492's GBAldr (IIRC) which he updated to support the new 3in1 hardware. It's not quite as nice as Rudolph's IMO, but it seems to be running on the new hardware with no problems as he only did the minimal changes needed to support the new hardware version of the 3in1 while Rudolph made some major changes to his app as well as adding support for the new 3in1 hardware.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
glad this thread was on the first page, I'm still kind of confused, so many damn EZ-Flash versions! Which 3in1 is the one to get is my question? I'm not interested in anything besides being able to play a few GBA games here and there, the clock and rumble isn't important. Can anyone give me a link to which EZ-FLASH thing I need.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1894
that should be it right?

thejellydude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Could someone please clear up for me what is true and what isn't?
Simple use gbata program to patch games and everything will work including saves (ez4 patcher sometimes wrongly patch games and there are no saves).

QUOTE(cutterjohn @ Feb 15 2008, 02:53 PM)If you've got a 3in1, just use Rudolph's new GBA ExpLoader 0.2 then you WON'T have to patch your ROMs on the PC before putting them onto the uSD. Rudolph's new and improved app auto-patches saving for ROMs, allows you to put ROMs anywhere on the uSD, and works with the new 3in1 hardware revision.

This is a new version, so it may still have some bugs.

There's also Cory 1492's GBAldr (IIRC) which he updated to support the new 3in1 hardware. It's not quite as nice as Rudolph's IMO, but it seems to be running on the new hardware with no problems as he only did the minimal changes needed to support the new hardware version of the 3in1 while Rudolph made some major changes to his app as well as adding support for the new 3in1 hardware.

Cool, thanks for your help. Also, if I DID decide to patch them, does it support batch conversion? It'd be a pain to convert all my games manually. Thanks again.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]