Could Someone Explain the Metro Series for me?

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
OP
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Now 2018 shown why we shouldn't preorder games like Anthem and so fourth, but whats really weird is that an open world game like Metro Exodus told us what what we would receive, but hasn't really shown gameplay that much, which makes me slightly nervous. I'm new to the series and and while I haven't played the previous entries before the latest installment, I have Preordered it. Now someone who's familiar with the series could y'all summarize your experience on whats it's like? Is it a rawer version of Fallout?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Now 2018 shown why we shouldn't preorder games like Anthem and so fourth,
..., I have Preordered it (Metro Exodus).
Erm...so much for your 2019 intentions? :unsure:

Okay...on-topic: I've played a bit of the first Metro. It indeed somewhat has fallout aesthetics (albeit in Russia rather than America), but it's mostly - if not exclusively - a horror/shooter game.

Reactions: Social_Outlaw

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
OP
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Erm...so much for your 2019 intentions? :unsure:

Okay...on-topic: I've played a bit of the first Metro. It indeed somewhat has fallout aesthetics (albeit in Russia rather than America), but it's mostly - if not exclusively - a horror/shooter game.

Well about that lol... I literally had about 60$ in store gamestop credit that I had no idea of so I just spent around 25$ for the gold edition... I didn't mind spending that much for a preorder, but anyhow I was excited about the game when it was announced but now realizing how close were getting to the release date, and there hasn't been any gameplay shown, honestly I don't know. I know people are mad for it not being available on Steam so it just have me wondering is it that good of a game/series? or are they mad they gotta download another platform just to play? or both?

Last edited by Social_Outlaw,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I know people are mad for it not being available on Steam so it just have me wondering is it that good of a game/series? or are they mad they gotta download another platform just to play? or both?
I'd say it is both. Deep silver is somewhat of an AA studio (so not as big as others, but larger than yer average indie), so this draws attention from both gamer crowds. And stream is considered such a household name that many fear an exodus. Or a scenario where every studio has its own store.

What might also count : metro was one of the flagship games that support Linux (okay: steamOS). Meanwhile, epic 's store barely supports Linux to begin with. So that might also fuel the hate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol