Hacking Could someone comfirm weither or not this card is a fake one?

Apathetic_Discord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, so I have my R4i gold card, however I’m not sure whether or not it’s the real deal or a rip off copy. Could someone tell me if they are aware of if the card is a clone or not?

This is a picture of the card and box: http://www.r4wood.com/product_images/uploa...pgrade%202G.jpg

Box image is: http://www.r4i-gold.com/ad/oldp.jpg
That is the image of the box that actually came with my card.

whilst I’m here as well, does anybody know of any updates that may work with this card to make it work on the DSi Firmware Ver 1.4.1E or is it now blocked and needing a new card, as I’ve seen on other websites they have a program that you run on the card when its in the DS and it updates the cartridge and it should then be playable on that firmware again. Any help appreciated.
smile.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anything, yes ANYTHING other than "R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)" is a FAKE.
That includes, but is not limited to: I, DSi, SDHC, III, IV, Ultra, Upgrade, King, Renovation, Super, Gold, Red, Christmas, LL, 3D.

Etalon said:
Scary: This R4i Gold page & http://www.acekard.com/ & http://mindflexgames.com/ use the same favicon.
Rydian said:
A lot of sites use that favicon for some reason.It's a standard/default icon for either a particular webhost or database.
It means nothing.

QUOTE(Vampyric-Desire @ Oct 20 2010, 04:05 PM)
but yeah, does anyone know if it would be able to get it to work on Ver 1.4.1 or is it broke?
Probably not, since many of them don't have updateable firmware.

Apathetic_Discord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But would they still work as legit cards though, cause the card i've got actually worked with the Dsi Firmware Ver 1.4, but i accidently updated it and now it just won't work at all. :'(

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vampyric-Desire said:
But would they still work as legit cards though, cause the card i've got actually worked with the Dsi Firmware Ver 1.4, but i accidently updated it and now it just won't work at all. :'(
Probably not, since many of them don't have updateable firmware.

Apathetic_Discord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm, well i haven't bought any other cards 'cept the R4 :/
but if needs be i suppose i should try a new one, heard a lot about acekard all over the place. has it been tested and proven working on Dsi Ver 1.4.1E?

Apathetic_Discord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahhh, good good, ok thanks guys, i suppose i'll now have to try and find it and get a legit one and not a clone, do any of you know where i could actually buy one from online that is the real card, and if possible if it's european and not UN?

Apathetic_Discord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"try going through someone's signature, so They'll get some credit" Not sure how you do that stand out qoute box thing so yeah.
please explain what you mean by that, it confused me? :s

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
when you see someone with a shoptemp signature, just click on it, it'll take you to shoptemp, when you buy something, the person who's link you clicked on will get a little credit..you can do it too
there's a thread on it, it's a way for people earn credit towards purchases at shoptemp

Apathetic_Discord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ohh i see, ok, cheer. another thing before i'm finished, would you advise me to use the premium flashing thing or should i be fine without it. if it's actually having all of the most up to date firmware on the card for when you get it, i think i can do that myself, but i wanna make sure if it would be more beneficial

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it's easy to flash the acekard yourself
as long as you have access to a ds lite/phat, or a dsi with an older firmware
step 11 of this guide explains it all
http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard

but if you feel uncomfortable doing it yourself or if you don't have access to a ds lite/phat, or a dsi with an older firmware, than Yes I think you should get the flashing update

Apathetic_Discord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So flashing means using a program that has the file extension of a nds game and using it from there in a ds phat or lite to run the prgram, which then updates the actual catridge itself to support Ver 1.4.1? cause if so, then i've tried that with my other card already so i should be able to do that fine.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: