ROM Hack Could somebody PLEEASE compile

supercard_lover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I ment for the main topic to be called "Could somebody PLEEASE compile libcartreset" and for the sub-topic to be "Into the latest version of txt writer for me?" but by accident hit a key that made this thing post before I finished typing. If the moderators could change the topic name, I'd be thankful.)

Could someone who knows how pretty, pretty please with ice cream and a cherry and whatever else you want on top compile libcartreset http://wordpress.com/tag/libcartreset/ into the latest version of txt writer? I"d do it myself but I don't know how.

Please? I'd be greatful if someone did. It's really important to me that my apps and games reset. Usually my solution is actually not using homebrew, but I'd like to type on my nds.

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does it really hurt you that much to press the power button twice? As long as you have flashme installed, supercard should boot up instantly anyway.

supercard_lover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it really hurt you that much to press the power button twice? As long as you have flashme installed, supercard should boot up instantly anyway.

I have an answer, but I feel like it's a week one. Just understand that It's very important to me. But here is my answer. I want my nds to feel like a computer- one that can type (hense why I want to use txtwriter), use the internet, (which I accomplish with opera) be able to play media, and play all of my favorate nds games at the same time.(So no, I can't just get a pocketPC. It would be a great Idea otherwise).

Isn't one of the points of homebrew to put the nds to it's full potential (Is it lick who said that? I"m not sure, I know I read it on a homebrew developers blog). That's what I want to do! from the moment the psp came out and everyone said "Wow! IT CAN PLAY VIDEOS AND MUSIC AND BROWSE THE INTERNET. AMAZING" I thought "Yeah, but the nds could easily do that to with the right software you idiots!" Okay, I didn't say "Idiots" but the point is, ALL of my friends got the psp just so they could play movies. Didn't care for the games.

Anyway, (this is a long answer, I know. If your bored, skip down. Just Trying to give the full story) that's actually how I found homebrew. I knew that it could be done, and I was pretty sure that I wasn't alone. I found homebrew and moonshell and all that. From then, I've been trying to turn my nds into a computer, which I"ve almost done.

But computers can exit programs. Do you have to reboot your computer each time you want to exit notepad? No! that would be rediculous.

So it's important to me that my homebrew resets. And since computers type, I need txt writer to reset. (I have the scdsone, so it's not important that moonshell resets. Moonshell is the scdsone's firmware)

Yes, it's easy to push the power botton. But I don't like the Idea of having to reboot my system. That simple.

supercard_lover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so sorry. I don't know what it is with this site, my finger keeps hitting some botton on the keyboard that makes me post. Sorry for this post. It was an accident.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what I can see it is not just a quick compile but some actual work.

As for the multitasking/operating system there is a reason computers have massive amounts of memory and the like.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I heard someone was working on an "OS" for the DS, but they haven't even released a single screenshot. I think having a program (like DSOrganize) and then dumping all (or most) of the DS's memory when it enters an application and then allowing the user to switch back into the OS after leaving the app. This way it "seems" that there is an OS, I would like a program like this but it's a long ways off. Maybe DSLinux will complete Pixel implementation and we will all get what we want....

supercard_lover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to be able to multitask. I simply want to exit a program. I'm fine with running only one program at a time. After all, you can only USE one program at a time, right? Why is addding libcartreset any harder than just doing a quick compile.

Actually, why can't a program just do it? It can be done to commercial roms right (using the hot-key reset thing) I do it with commercial roms, all I want to do now is do the same thing with homebrew. Not multitask or anything like that. Sorry if my long story was confusing people.

Why is it so hard to just compile libcartreset into a rom? Well, I know it isn't THAT easy, since I can't do it. But I've never compiled code written in C. If someone has, it should be easy for them, right? I can compile quickbasic code. (I program a bit. Just in a very low-level languge.) If I was to add something, something that had already been written for me, it would be as simple as doing a copy and paste and hitting the "make exe file" botton. (It says make exe file rather than compile thinking I'm to stupid to know what compile means. Grrrrr....)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the record low level coding usually refers to geting hardware to work and assembler, basic variations while valuable are not low-level.

libcartreset is a library which has a function (to reset your cart) and it is not simply a plugin but another feature (albeit one delegated to a library) and has to be coded as such. While a skilled programmer with knowledge of the code in question could make short work of it I doubt that many if anyone of the folks here has played with both bits of code in question or wants to do enough to add it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2