Gaming Could somebody play past a cutscene for me?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
My game keeps freezing on a cutscene in Xenoblade. I'm pretty sure it's an issue with my HDD, since I had this same problem with Metroid Prime Trilogy (there is a thread on here somewhere about it). I got past it by watching the cutscene when the game was on another HDD, then saving. Unfortunately, I now use that HDD for file backups, and I would have to delete a lot of those to move the game.

Anyway, if someone could just back up their save file, replace it with this one, select the first save game, watch the cutscene, and save again, I would appreciate it very much.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
You know, just a tip, you can use your save in Dolphin, play past the troubling area, save, export the save from dolphin, import on Wii - play! :)

Unfortunely I cant help you at the moment as I dont have the ISO left on my PC and my Wii is inaccessable :

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You know, just a tip, you can use your save in Dolphin, play past the troubling area, save, export the save from dolphin, import on Wii - play! :)

Unfortunely I cant help you at the moment as I dont have the ISO left on my PC and my Wii is inaccessable :<
I have a laptop, it can't take Dolphin. :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can do it if no one else do it before me.
I'm currently at work, but I'll be home in 6 hours from now.

Post your save file dump (here or a PM).
Also tell if you want something (saving at a particular point, or not using certain members.. I don't know why, but maybe you have exigences).

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Guys, I'd ask you not to go offtopic, and not to derail thread..some good points were made, but it has nothing to do with the initial question, so just help if you can, if help is needed.....anything else can be done via PMs ;)

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
@tueidj: Technically I guess it is piracy, but it's not like Nintendo won't get paid for it. I'd have a copy right now, except Nintendo of America has refused to take my money, lol. I tried waiting, but with all the trailers and praise it was getting, I broke down. I don't mind playing it early since I'm still buying it. You also may have noticed I've eased up on my piracy hate lately. I realized I wasn't doing any good, and I might as well have been trolling the forum. Think of me as a hypocrite if you wish, but please lets not fight about it. I think from past experience we both know it won't end well. :)

@Impizkit: I'd rather Cyan do it, since I don't want to risk ruining the story for you. Time played isn't a good example, since I have focused on side quests and exploring instead of the main story. Thanks for the offer though. :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just start doing it, and found your save is in bin format, I hoped for a SavegameManagerGX format.
I don't usually go on Wii system menu.

Well, I thought latest version of SavegameManagerGX could manager data.bin so I updated, but now it can't list all my real Nand saves.
I'll go back to an old revision (r110 worked fine).

Here is your save data (in data.bin), I saved right after the cutscene:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tt9bvg03u65utq7

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I just start doing it, and found your save is in bin format, I hoped for a SavegameManagerGX format.
I don't usually go on Wii system menu.

Well, I thought latest version of SavegameManagerGX could manager data.bin so I updated, but now it can't list all my real Nand saves.
I'll go back to an old revision (r110 worked fine).

Here is your save data (in data.bin), I saved right after the cutscene:
http://www.mediafire...tt9bvg03u65utq7
Thanks. I would have given you the SGM files, but I asked someone else to do it and it corrupted their save, lol. Right now I'm watching Cowboys and Aliens, but I'll try it out when it's done. Would you mind giving me a basic idea of what was in the cutscene? It was freezing on me after about 1 second.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
@tueidj: Technically I guess it is piracy, but it's not like Nintendo won't get paid for it. I'd have a copy right now, except Nintendo of America has refused to take my money, lol. I tried waiting, but with all the trailers and praise it was getting, I broke down. I don't mind playing it early since I'm still buying it. You also may have noticed I've eased up on my piracy hate lately. I realized I wasn't doing any good, and I might as well have been trolling the forum. Think of me as a hypocrite if you wish, but please lets not fight about it. I think from past experience we both know it won't end well. :)

@Impizkit: I'd rather Cyan do it, since I don't want to risk ruining the story for you. Time played isn't a good example, since I have focused on side quests and exploring instead of the main story. Thanks for the offer though. :)
No problem me too.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I watched the beginning only, and skipped it.

It was about Sharla, juju and Gadolt when they were attacked at the col6.
They are in a room in the mines, in the underground bellow Col6.
Gadolt stay back to fight and Otharon send Sharla and Juju to the camp to take care of the refugees.

And, it's where I skipped the scene. I don't remember what was happening after that.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I watched the beginning only, and skipped it.

It was about Sharla, juju and Gadolt when they were attacked at the col6.
They are in a room in the mines, in the underground bellow Col6.
Gadolt stay back to fight and Otharon send Sharla and Juju to the camp to take care of the refugees.

And, it's where I skipped the scene. I don't remember what was happening after that.
I do remember, Sharla then returns with Juju and finds Gadolt being emotionally involved with Otharon.

This is the skipped video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxDb4Y7-pcc&feature=related

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: