OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am new hear and my friend has been saying i sould come hear to help with my R4 problums. So my friend (same as the one i mention before) gave me his R4 becose he was getting a new one and this old one worked just fine. So i get and play if for like a month and then the game frezzes and then it takes like 7-12 trys to get it to work(edit : and now it dosent start games that i havent plaed yet and some that i have played). I got tired of trying to get it to work so i got a new SD card and it sarted to happen agin with in a week so i gave it back to the store and my friend has been saying that that is imposible for me to go throu his (wich he head for a year) and mine with in the span of a month. I miss playing my r4 so if anyone could help me i will be very thank full
Edit2 : sorry for all the edits - After the game frezzes my computer will no longer read the SD card (tested on 4 computers)

Thanks for your time

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well,i guess he cheated you
the problem lies in the r4,so buying a new sd card doesn't do a thing
I'd have it checked out by a store if i were you

and welcome to gbatemp!i guess...

Vincent T

Trophies
Website
www.myanimelist.net
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBATemp,

Ok so a possibility is that maybe your r4 is broken or died. Also maybe there's a little dust inside that is cuasing it. If these doesn't work, try to reformat the Micro SD. And make sure your r4 is up to date with the latest firmware(1.18). So if none of these works, I suggest you buy a new flashcart. If you choose to do that, i suggest a Cyclo Ds.

-Tayuya

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Did it work fine before you bought it from your friend? I have the same problem with my R4... sometimes when you start the DS it just goes to the main DS menu like there wasn't a game in there, right? I think that's normal... it's happened to my DS and my friends. About the other stuff, I'd recommend reformatting your SD card and trying again

Isamu768

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
well,i guess he cheated you
the problem lies in the r4,so buying a new sd card doesn't do a thing
I'd have it checked out by a store if i were you

and welcome to gbatemp!i guess...

I hardly think he would cheat me out of something we have been friends for years
I will if any store will look at it and not just call me a hacker

Tayuya said:
Welcome to GBATemp,

Ok so a possibility is that maybe your r4 is broken or died. Also maybe there's a little dust inside that is cuasing it. If these doesn't work, try to reformat the Micro SD. And make sure your r4 is up to date with the latest firmware(1.18). So if none of these works, I suggest you buy a new flashcart. If you choose to do that, i suggest a Cyclo Ds.

-Tayuya

theres no dust i took it apart and cleaned it out (after it stoped working).
cant reformat it (check edit2)
ya its updated as far as it will go

QUOTE(War @ Nov 3 2008, 07:04 PM)
Did it work fine before you bought it from your friend? I have the same problem with my R4... sometimes when you start the DS it just goes to the main DS menu like there wasn't a game in there, right? I think that's normal... it's happened to my DS and my friends. About the other stuff, I'd recommend reformatting your SD card and trying again

No this is unreal not reading. One time it took 20 or so trys to get it and it get worse as I try
Ya my friend would alwas play it in front of me so i knew it workded

Isamu768

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tayuya said:
Ok then, your screwed. xD
Story of my life
biggrin.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
at this point i would open it up and make sure its not a clone. your issue sounds like either its a clone running the official firmware which will cause it to freeze up, or you have contact issues with the r4 in your nds. sometimes a kit fits differently into one nds than it does in another. it all depends on the ware and tare. if you lose contact during play, especially if the r4 is writing to the msd it could corrupt the msd card. first thing i would do is get some compressed air and blow out the slot1 of your nds. do not just blow in there as the water in your breath can cause corrosion. also you should not use a swab as it could leave behind bits of cotton. make sure the contacts on the r4 are clean and that there are no issues like dirt or scuffs or bends.

goodluck!
-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"