Hacking Could it be possible to repack .nds as .cia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Now that it's possible to run DSiware installed from .cia, I was wondering if it should in theory be possible to repack .nds ROMs as .cia and install and run them the same way? We can do this for .3ds, would .nds -> .cia be any less feasible? Granted, using a DS flashcart to run DS games is more convenient. But I was thinking that maybe this method would make it possible for DSi-enhanced games to access the DSi features (which they can't do when run via flashcart)?

Reactions: Margen67

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it possible to run dsiware as via? ( if yes, I missed something). But to answer your question. Yes it is possible, but I don't know exactly how it is done. But I remember a picture from somebody who installed advance wars on their home menu( it was somebody with his own cfw I thought)

Blueie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is it possible to run dsiware as via? ( if yes, I missed something).
Yes, you install it to sysNAND with GW or PBT-CFW and then run it with the latter.
But to answer your question. Yes it is possible, but I don't know exactly how it is done. But I remember a picture from somebody who installed advance wars on their home menu( it was somebody with his own cfw I thought)
Thanks for that info. Do you recall if this pic was posted in GBAtemp?
But this would run in DS mode of course?
I believe so.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah it would have to run under TWL_FIRM
wha happened to GWw secret new feature? i am guessing they postponed it for now till they get the bugs worked ou with all their betas maybe when we get a final public release they will revel the new feature and it will be TWL_FIRM and ABG_FIRM working from emunand GW mode

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought the immediate answer is "no" ?

But the more technical answer is "yes, if you inject a different ROM into a Virtual Console game. Has lots of limitations"

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the immediate answer is "no" ?

But the more technical answer is "yes, if you inject a different ROM into a Virtual Console game. Has lots of limitations"

Normally I'd agree with you since they usually strip the emulators down functionality wise, however if this ever became a thing, I'd imagine it would just use the existing Ds hardware directly, and compatibility would be close to, if not 100% from what the system can run in Ds mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte