1. nWo

OP nWo The Game Master

Mexico
    Like the title says. I know that it has something to do with the memory etc. but I was wondering, if it could be possible to make some kind of homebrew, maybe on .olv format or something, that could allow to take at least screenshots on games that don`t support them? Now with the overclocking and all of that...

I'm no dev, so sorry if the question is dumb. But two of my biggest wishes on a modded Switch are uploading to FB with banned / modded Switch, consoles and this.

So any light on the matter would be very appreciated!!! Thank you in advance!

2. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

United States

well im gonna go out on a limb and say that anything is POSSIBLE, as far as whether or not its easy to implement, thats another story.

nWo likes this.
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    I don't think overlays have access to the screen buffer but it's certainly possible, just a bit more involved.

nWo likes this.
  4. nWo

OP nWo The Game Master

Mexico
    Well, I certainly hope some dev could catch interested in this.

5. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

United States
    im gonna go out on a limb here and say that this is probably not gonna happen but you never know. I would suggest doing something else in the mean time and not hold your breath.

6. pinbi7

pinbi7 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
  7. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sysdvr uses the built in video recording system to stream video. It doesn't work with games that don't support recording/screenshots.

At another user said, I don't see any sort of homebrew filling this gap.

OP's best bet, if they *really* wanted to get screenshots and record video is to get an HDMI splitter and connect the video to a capture card on a pc.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

8. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Malwarebytes Bootable Developer
    Developer

United States
    This needs to be an Atmosphere feature tbh.

nWo likes this.
  9. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Poland
    Screenshot should be possible with bitmap-printer in any app.

10. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    ive never come across a game that prevents the screenshot feature built in from working

11. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Fan

United States

I haven't seen any either, but they're apparently out there. Of course I'm not really taking screenshots in every game, so I haven't done a lot of testing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

12. nWo

OP nWo The Game Master

Mexico

I did not know about this app. Thank you. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work on games that doesn't support screenshots normally.

For those asking, for example, no photos on WWE 2K18 and some other games, that about photos, and videos, well, there are many out there like Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros of course.

I just want to have the ability to snap pics at last. I hope there is some kind of mod that allows it.

13. nWo

OP nWo The Game Master

Mexico
    Update: I used bitmap printer and, even if the game says that the screenshot couldn't be captured, they are captured indeed in Nintendo/album/bitmaps But be warned, not ALL presses from the capture button works. Let's say that, 6 or 7 from every 10 screenshots got recorded.

So, that's half of the petition already fixed, thank you!! Now, only if videos could be recorded?

Last edited by nWo, Aug 23, 2020
    TheCasualties and hippy dave like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - screenshots, possible, homebrew