Hacking Could I use my old PS3Break dongle as a payload injector?

nsip4ever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was digging through my old box of nick-knacks and came across my PS3Break USB dongle. Anyone else remember this thing, it came out about a decade ago when the PS3 was first jailbroken. I remember having to plug it into a PC to install some files so it would put the PS3 into debug mode to exploit the system. I have HEN on my old PS3 now, but was wondering if I could repurpose this dongle to inject a payload into my switch. Would anyone happen to know anything about this item? I originally used an application called a Microchip USB HID bootloader to burn files to the USB. If not. it's cool, was just an idea.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was digging through my old box of nick-knacks and came across my PS3Break USB dongle. Anyone else remember this thing, it came out about a decade ago when the PS3 was first jailbroken. I remember having to plug it into a PC to install some files so it would put the PS3 into debug mode to exploit the system. I have HEN on my old PS3 now, but was wondering if I could repurpose this dongle to inject a payload into my switch. Would anyone happen to know anything about this item? I originally used an application called a Microchip USB HID bootloader to burn files to the USB. If not. it's cool, was just an idea.
Nope not possible

tglaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Weeeell, I'm guessing that if it's flashable and you could build a firmware for it and then if you could flash that firmware, and then solder a usb port, the MAYBE it could be posible.

But unless you want to try that just for the fun of it, I beleive it's easier and cheaper to just buy a dongle for the switch.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man ps3 dongles bring me back to the TrueBlue era. Boi the scene really hated it just as this scene hated sxos.
All he needs is NX Loader app if he has android to inject any payload +C cable+ jig= profit
Might need an usb C adapter/connector to use the C-cable on the phone, my Galaxy S9+ came with one for data transfer.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would anyone happen to know anything about this item?

There were loads of different ps3 dongles, but I don't think any of them have had a switch injector ported to them. It's possible there is a technical reason for this, or just because nobody can be bothered.

nsip4ever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the feedback, I enjoy reading the different sides of people's thoughts. This idea didn't come out of necessity, I do push payloads using other means. I do remember the heat regarding PS3Break and it does remind me a lot of SXOS, but at the time it was purchased out of convenience and a lack of reliable options. I've used Atmos and SXOS, and depending on who you ask, you'll get more out of one or the other based on personal preference and the steepness of the learning curve on implementation. Getting back to the dongle though, it did allow for software upgrades, I don't know how practical the method is given that I have other options here for launching payloads, but I suppose it is a 'just for fun' concept.

Last edited by nsip4ever,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.