Could I hook up a router to another one to change the password encryption?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Orangy57, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Orangy57
    OP

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    I wanted to see if I could hook up my router which requires a modem to my other router that serves as a modem as well to pass over internet service. I wanted to know because my modem/router hybrid doesn't support WEP encryption which I need to play online with my DS.

2. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Official DS Online Service servers have been shut down by Nintendo.
    Unless you were planning to use the SNWiFi service- which only has some games available, this is kind of pointless.

3. Orangy57
    OP

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    I was planning to use AltWfc or Wiimmfi.

4. jonthedit

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Set your second router up as an extender (with its own SSID). You might need a modified firmware file depending on the router.
    From here you can set the encryption to WEP, while pulling from your primary router's internet.

5. Orangy57
    OP

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    Thank you. I just wanted to know if it was worth getting out my router and setting everything up to be disappointed. I'll try it now!

6. jonthedit

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Theoretically it should work fine. I setup a NAS which ran through a separate router to another one and had two different encryptions running. The only hard part is getting the two routers to link up if they are not meant to link up. If you are on one of these typical Linksys routers: (WRT54G Wireless-G)
    [​IMG]
    You are in luck, there is custom firmware.