Hacking Could I have bricked my PS3 by using Sen enabler?

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi guys.
I was just trying to get back online from a HEN 4.84 ps3 because of the recent update. I am not very experienced with ps3 homebrew, so I looked up a video guide on how to do it. It had two methods, one for HEN and one for normal CFW. I tried the HEN method first, I copied over a txt to the root of ps3 hhd0 with MultiMan instead of another manager he used. Then the video pressed R2+Triangle on a specific folder on the XMB to delete CFW history. I didn't have any folder like that o I tried different ones to no avail, so I used PSNinja to do the same. After exiting I tried to log in but it didn't work, so I directly went to the pkg installer and installed the SEN enabler I already had prepared. I opened it and selected "Enable SEN access" in the SEN/PSN options. It seemed to work and it asked me to reboot. When I did reboot the PS3 never turned back on :( . It's working inside and takes/returns my discs, but it doesn't give any HDMI signal at all. I know it's not the cable or the TV because I tried it on another "broken" (disc drive not working) ps3 I have and it turned on.
Was it SEN enabler? Or the .txt I left and forgot about in the ps3 root?
can I do anything about this? If not, can I transfer any save data from the HHD to the other "broken" ps3 I have?
Thank you.

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Alright, I tried all the options except for the Restore ps3 system and System update. I'm not updating it so I guess I have to wipe my ps3. rip my save data..
Edit: It looks like even restarting didn't fix it. It's still not giving any signal!

Last edited by legoinventeor,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try reinstalling the firmware. it could be the hdd, but you only want to format that as a last resort. updating the firmware or reinstalling it won't affect your saves.

Reactions: legoinventeor

yeul

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I did the exact same thing just today and i know it was sen that caused my problem as well. Now do i have to update to latest 4.85 ofw in recovery mode or is it no harm trying to install any kind of cfw version? I am wondering which one you updated with that ended up working for you. Did hen work afterwards when your ps3 went back to normal? @legoinventeor

Reactions: legoinventeor

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I just updated to the same firmware I had, 4.84. You can't download it from the ps website anymore so I just used the Wayback machine website to go to an older snapshot of the website where they still had 4.84 up for download.
Sadly, I lost all my data and CFW probably because I tried to restore it before updating and it didn't work

Reactions: Jetmir

Jetmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Kinda late but have the same problem and im using ps3hen.You just clicked update system on safe mode is that it ?

Last edited by Jetmir,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all