Could I get banned from playing original game if it has been backed up and played online ?

1l0v3w11gam3s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently hacked my switch with fusée gelée because I bought the new OLED one. I transfered all my games over to the OLED to play them online. I backed up my games (nxdumptool) and installed them on my old system (goldleaf) then I used the shared update feature with my OLED to get the latest version.
If I ever decide to go online with one of my games on my hacked switch, could I get banned on my OLED because it's the same game from that cartridge ?

EDIT : could I take out my sd card from my OLED and temporarily out homebrew, put in old switch and backup eshop stuff with nxdumptool, erace all trace of homebrew and put it back without consequences on the OLED switch ?

Thanks

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Go online from your hacked emunand and you'll be banned instantly. Modify a save on a hacked console, transfer it to a clean OLED model and go online, and will also be banned.

Most of the time, Nintendo bans consoles, not accounts. However, there has been plenty of cases of banned accounts, meaning you wouldn't be able to go online no matter on which console you are.

Best thing, if you have two consoles (one hacked and one clean) is treat them as completely different ecosystems rather than two members of the same one.

Reactions: 1l0v3w11gam3s

1l0v3w11gam3s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go online from your hacked emunand and you'll be banned instantly. Modify a save on a hacked console, transfer it to a clean OLED model and go online, and will also be banned.

Most of the time, Nintendo bans consoles, not accounts. However, there has been plenty of cases of banned accounts, meaning you wouldn't be able to go online no matter on which console you are.

Best thing, if you have two consoles (one hacked and one clean) is treat them as completely different ecosystems rather than two members of the same one.
My old one doesn't have my nnid account, I will make a new one if I am sure this won't affect the OLED one, I guess all my questions boil down to : the only thing that are shared are games (through backup) will this be detectable ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My old one doesn't have my nnid account, I will make a new one if I am sure this won't affect the OLED one, I guess all my questions boil down to : the only thing that are shared are games (through backup) will this be detectable ?
It's just Nintendo accounts now, NNID isn't used anymore.
I think the personally identifying data is removed from nsp dumps but I'm not positive... Anyway you probably won't get banned on the OLED Switch because Nintendo don't know if a game (or a console) has been sold second hand after games being dumped and uploaded somewhere, and innocent legit users would get caught in the crossfire, yet I've never heard of that happening. But you would get immediately banned on the old Switch so it's pretty pointless to go online on it in the first place. Best keep it offline and use the OLED for legit stuff.

1l0v3w11gam3s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just Nintendo accounts now, NNID isn't used anymore.
I think the personally identifying data is removed from nsp dumps but I'm not positive... Anyway you probably won't get banned on the OLED Switch because Nintendo don't know if a game (or a console) has been sold second hand after games being dumped and uploaded somewhere, and innocent legit users would get caught in the crossfire, yet I've never heard of that happening. But you would get immediately banned on the old Switch so it's pretty pointless to go online on it in the first place. Best keep it offline and use the OLED for legit stuff.
Thanks for the more direct answer, now just left to try what I said in my edit. I'll post an update if it goes bad.

Also something is unclear, you get instant banned if it is an installed nsp or if you are running CFW with any games, even legit ones ?

Thanks

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the more direct answer, now just left to try what I said in my edit. I'll post an update if it goes bad.

Also something is unclear, you get instant banned if it is an installed nsp or if you are running CFW with any games, even legit ones ?

Thanks
installing NSP is asking to get banned. as for running just CFW itself nobody will ever have a 100% answer on if it gets you banned or not its always a risk

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Thanks
Installed NSPs, whether they're homebrew or games will get you banned because installed title info is sent directly to Nintendo whenever you go online.
It's what you do with CFW, not the CFW itself that can get you banned, at least currently Nintendo aren't detecting the CFW itself but they could in the future.

1l0v3w11gam3s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE : what I asked on my update doesn't work, the switch just says there are corrupted files, even in atmosphere.

Thanks The Real Jdbye for the clarification.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China