Hacking could do with some help

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 1,237
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted-355425

So i have my wii setup, it was on 3.4E and is now softmodded with 4.1E

id like to install emuNAND so i can mess around installing and breaking things without ruining my actual wii, i am really lost in the flood of information and utilities to use on the wii and id like to know what i should be using to create an emunand and how to get playing GC/wii roms.

any help would be greatly apreciated, i must have gigs and gigs of tools/software for the wii to use but no idea what to use!

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get SNEEK or UNEEK, depending on whether you want it on your SD card or USB HDD. You can get these from the options from ModMii.

D

Deleted-355425

Yea, but I don't under stand how to install it and use it, if I launch wiiflow from the channel screen it may loads with no text in the option screen just blank bubbles to press.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, but I don't under stand how to install it and use it, if I launch wiiflow from the channel screen it may loads with no text in the option screen just blank bubbles to press.

Would you be interested in completely starting again from scratch on your wii and reinstalling every thing, in order to get it to work?

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely,

You can re virginize your wii to factory state. Just be sure to have bootmii installed as boot2. Also, remember to make a back up of your wii in its current state for if something goes wrong, you can just restore that backup and have it back the way it was. With this method, it will completely remove any hacks you had on your wii. When you finish revirginizing your wii, you can hack your wii like if it was the first time you would hack it. You can use ModMii or any other method you would like in order to hack your wii. Here is the link to the tutorial on revirginizing your wii: http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/5574-Format-Wii-Nand-Using-ohneswanzenegger-Guide

D

Deleted-355425

Thanks, will have a go in the morning.

Also, what do you mean by boot2?

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, will have a go in the morning.

Also, what do you mean by boot2?
Bootmii has two options to be installed, as boot2 or ios. When you install bootmii as boot2, it will be the first thing to launch as soon as your wii boots up. With bootmii, you can make a backup of your wii or restore a backup to make your wii work again in case you brick it. When you install bootmii as ios, it sort of has the same functionality but, you won't be able to restore your wii backup in case it bricks because, it does not load when you boot up your wii. So it's very important to install it as boot2. If you don't know how, just relaunch the hackmii installer and you will have the option of installing or uninstalling bootmii as ios or boot2. From there you can install it as boot2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night