Could anyone tell me if this Ext. HDD will work?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by dkruger2000, Jul 5, 2010.

1. dkruger2000
    OP

Newcomer dkruger2000 Member

United States
  2. afnuke

Member afnuke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I use one just like it except its 320 instead of 500. Mine works perfect.

3. dkruger2000
    OP

United States
    Alright, great! Thanks Afnuke for takin' the time to answer me. [​IMG] I really didn't want to spend $55 on a external hard drive if it wasn't gonna work on the Wii, lol. Since that's the only thing I'd be usin' it for. xD

4. afnuke

United States
    Its on the compatibility list BTW as working also. Ive tried another essential edition drive that worked just fine also. Never had any spin down problems and one of them has been working just fine for over a year now. 55 dollars is a good price, I gave 48 for my used one.

5. dkruger2000
    OP

United States
    Very nice! [​IMG] Where abouts can I find this 'compatibility list', you speak of? [​IMG]

6. afnuke

United States
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Index.php/USB...patibility_List

this list hasnt changed much over the past year.....no ones keeping it up to date. Ive tried a few small drives that work just fine and arent on the list. the big problems usually come from putting a hard drive into an enclosure case like the ones they sell on ebay. Stick with western digital or seagate.... they really are the best.

You dont have to but I would recommend getting one like the one you listed that has the external power plug, the wii was only meant to push so much power. Thats my opinion, I still have original power supplys on mine. I guess it comes down to how much you plan to use them.

7. dkruger2000
    OP

United States
    Thanks again, afnuke! [​IMG] I planned on gettin' that one that I posted, since I think that's a really great deal for such a large HDD. Haha.