Hacking Could anyone of forum members direct me how to rip vgm from PSP iso?

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
As stated in the forum title. Could anyone of forum members direct me how to rip vgm from PSP iso?

The game is R-Type Tactics II, the ISO got CMN.DAT inside it but I do not know how to extract them. I wish extract them to at3, but every tools that I see, is no good.

Anyone could help?

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DAT file is probably a "container" file, for which there is no standard format.

Short answer:
There is no easy way to extract proprietary container formats. If you're REALLY lucky and it's just a common compression format (zip, rar, etc) you might be able to open it with 7zip.

Long answer:
Try QuickBMS. It's a program made for extracting container files via custom scripts. If there isn't already a custom script for those games, try finding one for a game made by the same company. Sometimes developers will use the same format in multiple games. If all else fails you can read the documentation and try to figure out the file system yourself and make a custom BMS script to extract it. This is NOT easy, though.

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The DAT file is probably a "container" file, for which there is no standard format.

Short answer:
There is no easy way to extract proprietary container formats. If you're REALLY lucky and it's just a common compression format (zip, rar, etc) you might be able to open it with 7zip.

Long answer:
Try QuickBMS. It's a program made for extracting container files via custom scripts. If there isn't already a custom script for those games, try finding one for a game made by the same company. Sometimes developers will use the same format in multiple games. If all else fails you can read the documentation and try to figure out the file system yourself and make a custom BMS script to extract it. This is NOT easy, though.

Thanks for the reply. The short answer is not possible, cause the CMN.DAT is not common compression format. And it is really unfortunate that quickbms has no Irem company common extractor. Nevertheless, thank you for your reply, and I hope to get a few people to feedback real soon

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Yes, bro. But the music is not complete, so I need the complete one.

I always liked umdgen to extract files from iso/cso. I’d get the pictures and rip the unneeded language files or dummies from them. https://umdgen.en.lo4d.com/windows

I agree with you bro, but when I extract the files, it comes out only with CMD.DAT, CMD.FAT and CMD.CRC. That's it. I use vgmtoolbox, the result is .PHD and .PBD. Does anyone have any tips or hint for this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)