Hacking Could anybody give me a list of the Rom Headers from...

adrian2040

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Could anybody give me a list of the Rom Headers from every 3DS-Compatible FlashCart?

One of my friends asked me for it in order to see if the 3DS he is buying has had a flashcart played on it.
He thinks this might mean Nintendo will brick it / ban it from online.

Thanks in advance!

elisherer

I ♥ 3DS
Trophies
Website
www.sherer.co.il
XP
Country
Iceland
I'm not sure I understand but the flashcarts I have are:
Acekard 2i - (Something in japanese) DORASU, icon: red bow
R4i 3DS - Spongebob square pants, icon: spongebob

Why would they ban it...they cannot know that you used a flashcart...it's disguised.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
If you're in Peru and buying a secondhand console hell yeah it's played backups lol

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dstwo shows up as alex rider stormbreaker
but your friend shouldn't have any worries, nintendo isn't going to brick consoles and I doubt anything in logs will reveal any flashcart usage.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
adrian2040 said:
Could anybody give me a list of the Rom Headers from every 3DS-Compatible FlashCart?

One of my friends asked me for it in order to see if the 3DS he is buying has had a flashcart played on it.

Thanks in advance!

Tell your friend they will not do this instead. Nintendo will NOT brick your 3DS for using a flashcard, period.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shuji1987 said:
adrian2040 said:

Thanks in advance!

Tell your friend they will not do this instead. Nintendo will NOT brick your 3DS for using a flashcard, period.
They could ban you from online services (multiplayer, eshop, etc) if they wanted to.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nano351 said:
Shuji1987 said:
adrian2040 said:

Thanks in advance!

They could ban you from online services (multiplayer, eshop, etc) if they wanted to.

No.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Shuji1987 said:
nano351 said:

No.

Yes. They can easily shut you out of the services they provide, and legally as well. The chances of this happening, though, weelll... Let's just say I haven't heard any reports of Acekard/R4 users being banned from WiFi connection or the DSi Store
tongue.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
They haven't banned the Wii players from the net/shops. Why the heck would they do the same to the 3DS?

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
epicCreations.org said:
Shuji1987 said:
nano351 said:

No.

Yes. They can easily shut you out of the services they provide, and legally as well. The chances of this happening, though, weelll... Let's just say I haven't heard any reports of Acekard/R4 users being banned from WiFi connection or the DSi Store
tongue.gif

No.

Stop being so misinformed for once.. The whole point is, simply because of a game-header you can't be banned from anything simply because you might be playing that game really hardcore. You will never be banned from using a flashcard.

The only thing that could deny you their service is if there was an application much like a homebrew channel which would require you to be on a certain firmware version. And even then they won't ban you, but simply deny access to their eshop/etc because you are not on the latest firmware. If you would update the system that would be fixed.

But for now, there is simply no reason to be even worrying about getting banned because there is no homebrew channel or software exploit at all.

Thread close plox.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linuxares said:
They haven't banned the Wii players from the net/shops. Why the heck would they do the same to the 3DS?
tell that to the wii players that were using cheats online

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nano351 said:
linuxares said:

Do you know how foolish you sound?

The people who didn't use cheats never got banned because Nintendo had no way to tell whether they were playing a pirated or retail game. It's the same with these flashcarts. Nintendo can't tell whether they're flashcarts or not.

If you had a retail disk and you cheated, you still got banned.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaosdarkneo said:
nano351 said:
linuxares said:

Do you know how foolish you sound?

The people who didn't use cheats never got banned because Nintendo had no way to tell whether they were playing a pirated or retail game. It's the same with these flashcarts. Nintendo can't tell whether they're flashcarts or not.

If you had a retail disk and you cheated, you still got banned.
I never said nintendo has a way to detect flashcarts currently; all I said was that they are capable of banning you from online services.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: