Could a Riivolution like homebrew be possible with Ironhax/Tubehax ?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TheZoroark007, Sep 5, 2015.

1. TheZoroark007
    OP

TheZoroark007 MK7 CT creator

Apr 2, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Lake Constance
    I want to ask if a program like Riivolution for Wii could be possible with Ninjhax/Tubehax/Ironhax on the 3DS.
    So, is it realistic?

the assaf likes this.
  2. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Doubt it. NTR's layeredFS is already kinda like that. But as we all know, it only works on exploitable firmware.

3. ElyosOfTheAbyss

ElyosOfTheAbyss GBAtemp Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    It is possible but the developer working on this stopped with lack of motivation.

He was able to load a custom level with it

4. I_AM_L_FORCE

I_AM_L_FORCE Unban me from Discord

Feb 19, 2015
    London
    Yes I can confirm its possible. But nobody (including me) would want to code something that painful

5. Jwiz33

Jwiz33

Banned
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
    Staplebutter talked about making Citrolution as a standalone .3dsx, but I doubt he is still working on that anyway.

6. Mr. Elementle

Mr. Elementle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    United States
    Detroit
    Technically possible just not realistically gonna happen, though if you wanted to take a stab at it you could do it, it's just no one else is trying to, Sorry.

7. Piluvr

Piluvr Resident Masturbator

Jul 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind you
    probably not

8. shutterbug2000

shutterbug2000 Cubic NINJHAX!

Oct 11, 2014
    United States
    Hmm... Could you perhaps explain how to do it? I might be interested in experimenting with this, but I don't know where to start.

9. ElyosOfTheAbyss

ElyosOfTheAbyss GBAtemp Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    Staple Butter did say this and i dont know if this could help but its here anyway
    "It could work on the 3DS, because all ROM reads go through the FS service (you don't get to access I/O registers directly). Patching that service to redirect reads is the way to go. But even then, it's tricky-- you need to ensure the patches work on all the possible versions of the FS module. You need a way to inject the patches to begin with, which require a kernel exploit (or an exploit in the FS module and lotto-winner luck), and no kernel exploits have been published yet for firmwares 9.3 and up. Alternately, I guess this could work with Gateway without the need for a kernel exploit, but then that's like saying 'hello piracy' (and you're still limited to what Gateway supports).

That'd be the tricky part. The rest (redirecting reads to somewhere else) would be a cakewalk-- I had a basic system going for that."

10. I_AM_L_FORCE

I_AM_L_FORCE Unban me from Discord

Feb 19, 2015
    London
    Well I have an idea in my mind to do with loading things into RAM and then booting the game with the modified files being called upon when needed.