Hacking Could a Four Swords DSiware dump be possible now?

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Was just thinking that if someone who grabbed it last January from the estore had done a transfer of from their dsi to a 3ds a rom dump could be extracted possibly? Maybe Nintendo will be nice and pop it in the estore again when MM3D launches, but I doubt it.

Simon Riley

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSiWare can be dumped as a cia and installed via devmneu. But when opened, the screen turns black because gateway doesn't support ds mode. I have a cia of some Game and Watch DSiWare game.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
DSiWare can be dumped as a cia and installed via devmneu. But when opened, the screen turns black because gateway doesn't support ds mode. I have a cia of some Game and Watch DSiWare game.

So if you install the CIA in Sysnand without being in Gateway mode, would it boot?
Or if you have both NANDs linked, then you would have the CIA installed in sysNAND too.

Simon Riley

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you install the CIA in Sysnand without being in Gateway mode, would it boot?
Or if you have both NANDs linked, then you would have the CIA installed in sysNAND too.

I am not sure, but I think it would probably work if you installed the cia in sysNAND. But if your NANDs are linked it probably won't boot because when my NANDs were linked SaveDataFiler and DevMenu woudn't boot in sysNAND. I installed the cia in emuNAND, but removed because it doesn't boot in emuNAND.

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do NOT try this, if you don't have a hardmod you will brick your 3DS.
DSiWare gets installed to the TWL nand partition and not your sd card, but it has to be properly signed to work in sysnand or your 3ds just crashs after booting.

Reactions: xdrako23x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr