Hacking Could a flashed X360 drive act as a Xexmenu loader?

PotatisKnug

OP
Trophies
Website
thomas.dusbite.se
XP
Country
Sweden
They roughly cost around 80 quid.
I know. The page is in swedish but it says 885 crowns. Or about 90 - 95 $.

Best thing to do is to send it to a modshop.
I won't end up rghing my console and as i just said, my local modshop seems to have shut down recently.
And another thing that's keeping me from rgh is that i wanna be online. I would like an odde cause of not having to buy new discs. (I only have dvd-r's)
Drive flashing might be option #2.. IF i get myself to do it. (probing, restarting the dvd drive, blah blah blah.) Too much hassle.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, if you can find out what type of drive it is, it would make things easier.
That way you can decide on spending a lot of money on it or simply trading it for a Phatty box and have the ODDE cheaper.

I recommend the Xkey over DVD flashing as DVD flashing requires you to have a Burner Max Payload tool compatible burner or a hacked Liteon iHAS B drive for XGD3 games (8.5 GB games)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeh but just saying "it's a Liteon" is the same as saying "I got an xbox and I want to play games on it", they both give little info on what your plan is.

I need more specific details about the drive, drive FW revision to be precise and I need to know if it's got a Winbond chipset or an MXIC chipset.
I also need to know the specific build date of the 360 as some drives have their keys placed inside the 360 and not on the DVD drive anymore.

All those things can mean the difference about starting an argument and getting properly advised.

PotatisKnug

OP
Trophies
Website
thomas.dusbite.se
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeh but just saying "it's a Liteon" is the same as saying "I got an xbox and I want to play games on it", they both give little info on what your plan is.

I need more specific details about the drive, drive FW revision to be precise and I need to know if it's got a Winbond chipset or an MXIC chipset.
I also need to know the specific build date of the 360 as some drives have their keys placed inside the 360 and not on the DVD drive anymore.

All those things can mean the difference about starting an argument and getting properly advised.
Fair enough, Not trying to argue. What can i check without opening the console? It's 11:49 pm so i'm not really in the mood to open it up.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll have to open it up.
The only thing you can tell me is the exact MFR date by looking on the back of the console without opening it up.
That gives me a slight indication on what drive is in it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It looks like a Trinity board.
You absolutely sure it isn't glossy?

Cause if it is a glossy Slim then you can just dump the DVD keys with Jungleflasher, without any aditional soldering/drilling.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If it's the matte Slim, you'll probably have to use the sputnik method of dumping the DVD drive and in the worst case, use the kamikaze hack.
Sputnik means soldering something on the board and Kamikaze, as the name suggest, is drilling into the winbond chip at a specific location in order to unlock it.
The Kamikaze hack can quickly kill your drive. if you drill to far.

I'm not 100% certain atm if you can dump it without doing those things but I know it's required for flashing the drive.

PotatisKnug

OP
Trophies
Website
thomas.dusbite.se
XP
Country
Sweden
If it's the matte Slim, you'll probably have to use the sputnik method of dumping the DVD drive and in the worst case, use the kamikaze hack.
Sputnik means soldering something on the board and Kamikaze, as the name suggest, is drilling into the winbond chip at a specific location in order to unlock it.
The Kamikaze hack can quickly kill your drive. if you drill to far.

I'm not 100% certain atm if you can dump it without doing those things but I know it's required for flashing the drive.
Oh lord jesus. :wtf:

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Luckily, you don't need to do those hacks to dump the drive FW for utilization in an Xkey.
You do need to do those hacks to gain write access to the flash chip in order to flash it.

Edit: just looked it up to be sure, wasn't sure about it meself anymore

PotatisKnug

OP
Trophies
Website
thomas.dusbite.se
XP
Country
Sweden
Luckily, you don't need to do those hacks to dump the drive FW for utilization in an Xkey.
You do need to do those hacks to gain write access to the flash chip in order to flash it.

Edit: just looked it up to be sure, wasn't sure about it meself anymore
Wait, odde = regular probing etc
full dvd flash = needing an enginnering degree?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ODDE is as simple as just hooking it up to your PC via SATA (mind you you need a compatible SATA chipset or additional hardware like the X360 USB) and dumping it in Jungleflasher.
ODDE is pretty much plug and play.

DVD flashing indeed requires tricky hacks for your DVD drive.

PotatisKnug

OP
Trophies
Website
thomas.dusbite.se
XP
Country
Sweden
ODDE is as simple as just hooking it up to your PC via SATA (mind you you need a compatible SATA chipset or additional hardware like the X360 USB) and dumping it in Jungleflasher.
ODDE is pretty much plug and play.

DVD flashing indeed requires tricky hacks for your DVD drive.
Kay. Gave me a headache but i think i understand. What about the odde? Which one is the cheapest one possible? Have a sec to see if it's available in sweden without the shipping being $25,000.

Last edited by PotatisKnug,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am offering a "free" flashing/extraction service.
Only thing you need to send me is the DVD drive and money to ship it back to you.
Anything else is optional but welcomed.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What do you mean? I want an odde. Would you buy a odde and not want money for it?

I'm saying that you can send me the drive so I can extract the key from it for you.
Getting the ODDE and installing it will be a thing I'll leave up to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn