Couch co-op for the wife and I .

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by Temperal, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Temperal
    OP

Temperal Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2012
    Canada
    New Hamburg Ontario
    Does anyone have any good recommendations for couch co-op games? So far all we can play is Call of Duty Black Ops. We have tried a few other games and didn't like them. Others we didn't like were Resident Evil 5. This game had too much clutter on the screen. Plus the screen wasn't a full split screen. Tried army of Two but didn't like the control schemes. Also we have Unreal Tournament III which we don't mind, just haven't played as much of. I know the trend is multiplayer online. But it would be nice to sit in the room with her and play. Plus out second PS3 is occupied anyway.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Pretty slim pickings this last time around -- it was mostly "the future is online" and the PS3 suffered a bit more still.

Mind you
    http://www.co-optimus.com/games.php...en=true&countDirection=at least&playerCount=2

I quite like Earth Defense Force, though I have not so much as seen video footage of the PS3 versions at this point. I like a lot of the games on that list but when co-op is involved in 201? I become far less discerning.

3. Jockel

Jockel Tagging yourself? This shit ain't NeoGAF.

Apr 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    I'd recommend Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for a fantastic Co-Op experience. There's also Diablo 3, if you're into that. Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is pretty cool as well.

4. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Do you like party-type games? If so, I'd recommend you giving Crash Bash a go because it's loads of fun and while it is a PS1 game it runs on all PS3s.

Also, if your PS3 happens to be compatible with PS2 games then try out Ride or Die, in this game one of you two drives while the other shoots the rivals.

5. Northern Nemesis

Northern Nemesis GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2014
    Canada
    A Wii U and Smash Bros, literally nothing is better for couch play. On the PS3 i'd say try Twisted Metal i always loved those games.