Cost to ship from america to the netherlands?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Bruinbaard, Oct 29, 2007.

Oct 29, 2007
  1. Bruinbaard
    OP

Member Bruinbaard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I'm planning to buy a roland handsonic 10( elektronic percussion machine) since I just really like it and I'm a drummer.
    So new in shops they are about 500-600 euro's here and that's not what I'm gonna pay that's for sure.
    So I searched on the internet and i saw it from the US for about 600 dollars which is similar to 420 euro's which is a lot better price but still, an awesome amount of money for me since I'm only 15 years old. Then I started to look at ebay and there are like 4 of them on ebay and from sellers with quite good ratings. At ebay they are around 400-450 dollars which is similar to around 310 Euro's and they are new! Well that price is a heck of a lot better! But then is it worth to buy it there since how much extra costs will there be like shipping and import stuff at the airport? Anyone know these prices since it's quite hard to figure it out(Yes, I always use GOOGLE!). Are there Dutch people here who ever shipped a package to the netherlands?

Thnx in advance
    Bruin

2. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    It depends. What kind of shipping are they using and is there any coverage fees attached to it?

3. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    it also depends on the wieght of the package too

4. Bruinbaard
    OP

Netherlands
    About the fees i also want to know and the weight will be 2-5 kg i think.
    Seize will be about 60x40x20 or something like that not too big i expect

5. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    united states postal service www.usps.com has the lowest rates. take a look there. UPS is the most expensive. and DHL I dunno but I know they do deliveries overseas and fedex probably does too. you can check probably all of these online for international rates.

6. Switchy

Member Switchy GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    You might see cheaper prices in America but usually it's not that cheap to import.
    You have to add the post costs (from America, those are expensive! It'll probably be around 50 dollars if not more) and the taxes which customs can ask for (douanekosten en BTW). All in all, unless you can get the product REALLY dirt cheap (which with this case, I don't think it is) you're usually better off buying it in your own country.
    Besides, you'll get a decent warranty.

By the way, it does suck that most products just get the same price in euros as with the dollar
    (eg. 600 dollars = 600 euros, which is completely unfair) but that's just the way it is.

I don't like it either..

7. Bruinbaard
    OP

Netherlands
    Yeah i know it will costs much extra that's why I made this thread, to see if it is reliable to do it the ebay way. But it's such a big investment i think i do better buy it second hand or something. Just gotta wait for a decent auction.