Corsair MicroSD

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by yee, Nov 25, 2006.

Nov 25, 2006

Corsair MicroSD by yee at 8:58 PM (894 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. yee
    OP

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    I've been looking to get another MicroSD so I was wondering if anyone knows if they're any good.

Right now they're on sale at my local computer shops for $45 for the 1GB. And meanwhile the Sandisk are $57 for the 1GB.

2. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    I got my Sandisk 1 GB MicroSD online for about $35 as part of a bundle. At the time I also did some searching on eBay and found a couple of 1 GB Sandisk Micro's for $35 as well, although I'm not sure how you feel about buying off eBay... [​IMG]

3. yee
    OP

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    Well, I recently got another DS Lite, so I need another MicroSD. Right now I have a Kingston

I hear there's a really minor speed difference between the Sandisk and Sandisk Ultra, so I'll just stick to the normal.

Is there a noticable difference between Corsair and Sandisk? If so, I guess I'll just shell out 10 bucks more for a Sandisk.

4. id242

Member id242 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    if you can wait until after Christmas, I'm sure plenty of people will be purchasing Micro/SD cards for all their new toys - probably lower prices will show up as well.

or not.

5. yee
    OP

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    Can't really wait, last time MicroSDs were scarce (like 2 months ago?) all the stores jacked up the prices, hahah.

I think it was because everyone started buying them for their DS Lites, I remember setting up a Supercard Group Buy for my buddies and people I met online, ahaha.

6. akalic

Newcomer akalic Member

revscene? you talking about NCIX? because i'mt hinking of going there to get one haha

i'm curious to know if there is a diff too..anyone?

7. yee
    OP

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    Hey Akalic, it's BennyBoy, haha.

Yeah, because NCIX right now has a sale on both, so wondering if Corsair were worse since they're cheaper.

8. akalic

Newcomer akalic Member

corsair's good at ram at least...i'd think they'd be good

hasn't anyone bought this?

or used it?

hey is the offer at crystal mall for 68 or whatever still up?

9. HugeCock

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    I have a Sandisk Ultra II formated in 64kb clusters and experiencing slowdowns in FFIII. However I got mine for 35 dollars on eBay as well...

10. ewi770

Newcomer ewi770 Newbie

Is anyone else getting slowdowns in FF3 for DS via scan disk ultra II?

I am a little bit worried about this because one of the games I most want to play on the NDS right now is FF3 and was thinking of buying a Sandisk Ultra II.

I hope its just an eBay thing, like the hori thing and this doesn't reflect the card itself...

Arg. I wish choosing the memory cards was a quick easy simple process. I do have one quick Q for you about how you use your scandisk card. Do you frequently delete and copy new files onto your memory card? or do you usually format your memory card frequently and copy new files to your memory card from scratch so your rom's dont unintentionally become fragmented reducing read/write speeds and possilbly cause slowdowns?

I just ask because if you haven't recently formatted your scandisk and do delete/copy new roms instead of formatting it could have become fragmented....Or it could be the curse of eBay also known as 'FeeBay' and 'FleaBay'

11. DarkMatt

Newcomer DarkMatt Advanced Member

Australia
    I used a Corsair 1gb MiniSD in my SC Mini for a good while before I got my SCLite, and it worked a charm. Was a match for my Kingmax MiniSD at any rate. Never tried different cluster sizes or anything to get rid of slowdown, I never really noticed any (don't think I checked the vania vid on it).

Make of that what you will, hope it helps [​IMG]