Hacking Corrupted saves on M3 Perfect Lite?

link459

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bump.....

Cmon please help, it just erased my Advance Wars save.
frown.gif

Lifesnoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jwbproject.se
XP
Country
My AW: DoR-save got erased as well. However, it's ok now. And I've never had this kind of problem with any other game. Probably something with the rom combined with perfect.

link459

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's been happening with my Phantom Hourglass save too, it's really starting to get to me now that I actually started playing my DS more often...

link459

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
B-B-B-B-BUMP

Sorry for the bump, but didn't want to make a new thread.

Ok so now it's corrupting things left and right... Just corrupted my Metal Slug 7 save for the 3rd time. (RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE)

So, help me out... thanks.

link459

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just patched it, going to see if that helps but, it's been corrupting games in GBA mode as well.. so the arm7 patch won't work for everything.
frown.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much free space is on your memory card? Not having enough free space can cause the corruptions.

Possibly it's a fragmentation problem. Copy the entire contents of the card to your PC, format the card, copy everything back.

Those are things to try anyway.

link459

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tried the arm7 patch last night, now the game won't even load, says it cannot find the save.

I have a 2GB card and there's around 1.1GB free, but I'll give that a try.

link459

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Re-Soldered the pins to the points in an attempt to somehow get it working again, but still no help. Randomly erasing saves.

Can anyone tell me the specific battery that the M3 Lite uses? I can't find a direct answer anywhere online...

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I was trying to find the correct type of battery, but can't find answer anywhere..I remember seeing it somewhere though, but I didn't bother to memorize it..

Will get back to you if I find it again!

Ridlaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi...
I'm having the same problem for months, but since it was only with GBA games, and partly because I wasn't playing very often, I did't care.
But now, after 10+ hours of Final Fantasy IV gameplay I got a corrupted save, and everything was erased.
I noticed that this happens when I play the game, turn off and try to play after a day or more without having initialized the system. The backup thing somewhat fail and I lost the data.
Did anyone find a solution?

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. English is not my first language, so don't blame me.

link459

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ridlaw, I understood you better than most people who speak English as their native language.
tongue.gif

And I still have not found the answer. I haven't been able to use my M3 in forever, and I ordered a Real from Dealextreme which is taking forever.

link459

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Finally just took the pads off, took the yellow wrapping off, and cleaned the battery.

Here's what it says on it:

QUOTE said:
Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery

LIR 1220

3.6V

Thing is, I looked up LIR 1220, and no such battery exists. :/

I also looked up CR-1220, but they're only 3V. Just going to buy one and hope it works...

Ridlaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it may help. Thanks.

I was wondering how long did it take until your files start to get corrupted. I mean, is there an estimated/expected lifespan for these batteries? (If that's in fact the problem - and I do think it is).
My first save loss was FFVI for GBA, something like one year after I bought M3. Shortly after, I had one or two other GBA saves "mysteriously" erased.
Now, it's been half a year since the sad GBA facts, and any save backup seems to be "unstable".
Maybe the fact that I wasn't playing regularly contributed, but it's just a hypothesis. All I know is that now I'm afraid of starting any "new game". LoL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.