Corrupted Nintendo DS card icon for Pokemon Pearl

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Eliastik, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Eliastik
    OP

Eliastik Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2018
    France
    When I insert my Pokemon Pearl cartridge in my Nintendo 3DS, a corrupted icon is displayed and no text is showed. The game works on this Nintendo 3DS. This problem don't occur on my Nintendo DS Lite. My others games don't show corrupted icon. I am on Luma3DS 9.1 on firmware 11.7. Should I worry about that or it is normal ?

Image:

20180805_193332.

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    There's nothing wrong with it. You have the rare MissingNo edition of that game. Sell it for collectors item and get a new copy.

All kidding aside, do you have custom firmware? I would strongly recommend backing up save data from the game cart if you do so.

pandavova likes this.
  3. Eliastik
    OP

Eliastik Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2018
    France
    Yes, my 3DS is on Luma3DS 9.1. The game works on this 3DS (and my save from 2007 is still here) and the game icon is not corrupted on my DS Lite. I tried reinserting a few times and restarting my console and the corrupted icon was still here.

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Do you have other carts to try out? Do their banners look like this as well?

Just to be safe, you should backup your Pokemon save with Checkpoint or JKSM.

Also, it could be because your DSi mode (TWL_FIRM) is messed up. You may need to fix it:

5. Eliastik
    OP

Eliastik Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2018
    France
    Yes, I tried a few games I own (NSMB, Pokemon White, Pokemon Rangers 2) and there is no issue with these games. I will backup my save.

6. Skittyusedcovet

Skittyusedcovet Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty

Jul 16, 2018
    Canada
    Where cats are plentiful.
    Is this a widespread thing? This the first time i’ve seen this before. Let us know what happens to it. I would hate to lose my saves. I should maybe back up mine for safe keeping just in case.:unsure:

7. starburst

starburst GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2017
    Spain
    I faced a similar issue yesterday, and it was solved by deleting the Home Menu extdata. Give it a try.

TurdPooCharger likes this.