Corrupted Disc Channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by snowmanman, Dec 6, 2009.

1. snowmanman
    OP

snowmanman Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2009
    United States
    I've recently been playing a lot of modded Guitar Hero games on the Wii so I haven't used the disc channel in awhile. I tried to play Mario Cart (Kart?) Wii through the disc channel and it was really wierd looking. It was all zoomed in and had a bunch of lines and crap going through it. So then I put in another games and it didn't show up at all when I played it.

The only thing that I have done recently that I suspect caused this problem was I installed just about everything in StartPatch 4.1. I had originally used it to play the New Super Mario Bros. Wii I bought and skip the system update. After that I installed everything except the "remove system menu music" patch.

Does anyone think this caused the problem? How can I fix it? It may not be necessary to fix cause I can play all games through Neogamma, but WiFi cuts out a lot.

Thanks ahead of time.

2. Hatsu

Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Banned
    Oct 19, 2009
    __________________ Warn: 50%
    Use a USB Loader.

3. snowmanman
    OP

snowmanman Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2009
    United States
    Yes that's great for people who steal games, but obviously you did not read my post at all. I specifically said I want to play LEGITAMITE games. How am I supposed to play games on disc through the usb port? I installed StartPatch 4.1 stuff. Has this caused a problem like this before?

4. nitrostemp

nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    usb loader is not about stealing games its about making a collection of your games on one disk for easy and fast access

5. hatredg0d

hatredg0d GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2009
    United States
    Minnesota
    Yes, thats most likely from start patch. you should NEVER have that many patches enabled. go uninstall almost all of them.
    I recommend that you upgrade to sys menu 4.2. as this alone will probly fix your problem. after get start patch for 4.2 enable these: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Force WiFi Connection Test Error, Recovery Mode 4th GC DPad UP, Remove Diag Disc Check, and Auto-Press A At Health Screen.

6. vegemikee

vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2008
    any option relating to the disc channel is usually the problem. just disable those and youll be set