Corrupted Disc Channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by snowmanman, Dec 6, 2009.

Dec 6, 2009

Corrupted Disc Channel by snowmanman at 10:33 PM (750 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. snowmanman
    OP

Newcomer snowmanman Member

United States
    I've recently been playing a lot of modded Guitar Hero games on the Wii so I haven't used the disc channel in awhile. I tried to play Mario Cart (Kart?) Wii through the disc channel and it was really wierd looking. It was all zoomed in and had a bunch of lines and crap going through it. So then I put in another games and it didn't show up at all when I played it.

The only thing that I have done recently that I suspect caused this problem was I installed just about everything in StartPatch 4.1. I had originally used it to play the New Super Mario Bros. Wii I bought and skip the system update. After that I installed everything except the "remove system menu music" patch.

Does anyone think this caused the problem? How can I fix it? It may not be necessary to fix cause I can play all games through Neogamma, but WiFi cuts out a lot.

Thanks ahead of time.

2. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    Use a USB Loader.

3. snowmanman
    OP

Newcomer snowmanman Member

United States
    Yes that's great for people who steal games, but obviously you did not read my post at all. I specifically said I want to play LEGITAMITE games. How am I supposed to play games on disc through the usb port? I installed StartPatch 4.1 stuff. Has this caused a problem like this before?

4. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    usb loader is not about stealing games its about making a collection of your games on one disk for easy and fast access

5. hatredg0d

Member hatredg0d GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, thats most likely from start patch. you should NEVER have that many patches enabled. go uninstall almost all of them.
    I recommend that you upgrade to sys menu 4.2. as this alone will probly fix your problem. after get start patch for 4.2 enable these: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Force WiFi Connection Test Error, Recovery Mode 4th GC DPad UP, Remove Diag Disc Check, and Auto-Press A At Health Screen.

6. vegemikee

Member vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    any option relating to the disc channel is usually the problem. just disable those and youll be set