Hacking Corrupted data on XCI installed with Tinfoil on Fimware 9.0

recgame77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
Hi

I upgraded my firmware to 9.0; then installed the latest Tinfoil 4.1b ; applied the Joonie86 sigpatches and reecreated the keys.txt with latest lockpick_rcm.

Despite all that all my XCI dumps refuse to start and i get a prompt corrupted data ....

Any idea what i could have done wrong ?

Best Regards

recgame77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
you cant play xci's on anything other than sx-os, which doesnt support 9.0 yet
is this a new limitation ? because with acid patches it worked pretty well for XCI on 7.X firmware with atmosphere and tinfoil (did not launch any on 8.x)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this a new limitation ? because with acid patches it worked pretty well for XCI on 7.X firmware with atmosphere and tinfoil (did not launch any on 8.x)
You're not launching them. It converts them to .nsp file (like an eshop release) and then installs it. SX OS actually mounts the xci file so the switch thinks you just inserted the actual game cart.

Last edited by Kafluke,

recgame77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
You're not launching them. It converts them to .nsp file (like an eshop release) and then installs it. SX OS actually mounts the xci file so the switch thinks you just inserted the actual game cart.

OK then maybe the issue is coming from the parameter kip1patch=nocmac. But can hekate use it two times like

kip1patch=nosigpatch
kip1patch=nocmac

or it is another syntax ?

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No doesnt seem related; then i just dont understand :). Maybe i have to reinstall them

Its Kosmos/Hekate corrupting your installs. uninstall kosmos, install vanilla atmosphere, and you will likely need to reinstall all of your games after kosmos corrupted them. lesson learned.

recgame77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
Its Kosmos/Hekate corrupting your installs. uninstall kosmos, install vanilla atmosphere, and you will likely need to reinstall all of your games after kosmos corrupted them. lesson learned.

Im not using Kosmos but hekate yes.
Will try that then but it is weird as it was working fine in Firmware 7 with Hekate.

D

Deleted User

It would install but upon launching it would say it was corrupt. Only happened with XCIs. Yes I had the proper patches

All xci are installing for me - Had 1 switch I had to re-initialize in order for it to work, rest have worked fine without.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All xci are installing for me - Had 1 switch I had to re-initialize in order for it to work, rest have worked fine without.

you are likely on older hekate / kosmos. kosmos / hekate (not sure which) decided to be autistic and do dumb shit on newer versions causing these problems for no reason other han autism.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi

I upgraded my firmware to 9.0; then installed the latest Tinfoil 4.1b ; applied the Joonie86 sigpatches and reecreated the keys.txt with latest lockpick_rcm.

Despite all that all my XCI dumps refuse to start and i get a prompt corrupted data ....

Any idea what i could have done wrong ?

Best Regards
For me the issue was that I was using the Atmosphere sig patches from the "I heard you need some sweet patches" thread (kip_patches and exefs_patches), which don't seem to work properly with Hekate. I had to use the Joonie86 sig patches you mentioned (patches.ini and exefs_patches), and add kip1patch=nosigchk to the Hekate boot entry, after installing them the games were still coming up as corrupted, I think once the console has flagged them as corrupted they need to be reinstalled as reinstalling them fixed it.

If you have the fs_patches folder in SD:\atmosphere\kip_patches you should probably delete it since the Joonie86 sig patches do the same thing.
OK then maybe the issue is coming from the parameter kip1patch=nocmac. But can hekate use it two times like

kip1patch=nosigpatch
kip1patch=nocmac

or it is another syntax ?
You don't need nocmac on newer firmwares, and the patches.ini doesn't even contain nocmac patches for firmwares above 7.0. If you are still on firmware < 7.0 you should probably update to 8.1 anyway.
Bullshit, Hekate is just a bootloader, the CFW is still Atmosphere. Hekate does not do anything that would corrupt your games.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me the issue was that I was using the Atmosphere sig patches from the "I heard you need some sweet patches" thread (kip_patches and exefs_patches), which don't seem to work properly with Hekate. I had to use the Joonie86 sig patches you mentioned (patches.ini and exefs_patches), and add kip1patch=nosigchk to the Hekate boot entry, after installing them the games were still coming up as corrupted, I think once the console has flagged them as corrupted they need to be reinstalled as reinstalling them fixed it.

If you have the fs_patches folder in SD:\atmosphere\kip_patches you should probably delete it since the Joonie86 sig patches do the same thing.

Bullshit, Hekate is just a bootloader, the CFW is still Atmosphere. Hekate does not do anything that would corrupt your games.

Go check Kosmos's github, they caved and pushed a fix for it. I dont understand why you would speak about something you know nothing about. The issue is basically kosmos doesnt know if it wants to be a piracy CFW or not lol.

edit: https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos-Builder/pull/2

apology accepted, dont let it happen again.

Last edited by blawar,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Go check Kosmos's github, they caved and pushed a fix for it. I dont understand why you would speak about something you know nothing about. The issue is basically kosmos doesnt know if it wants to be a piracy CFW or not lol.
I didn't say anything about Kosmos, I don't know what things Kosmos does and I don't use it, because I prefer to know what I'm putting on my Switch so if there's any trouble I'm better equipped to solve it. I was talking specifically about Hekate.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say anything about Kosmos, I don't know what things Kosmos does and I don't use it, because I prefer to know what I'm putting on my Switch so if there's any trouble I'm better equipped to solve it. I was talking specifically about Hekate.

I said "It's Kosmos/Hekate corrupting your installs". That is a 100% True statement, hekate is corrupting them because of settings Kosmos pushed. How are you this dumb?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I said "It's Kosmos/Hekate corrupting your installs". That is a 100% True statement, hekate is corrupting them because of settings Kosmos pushed. How are you this dumb?
That's not what you said though. Hekate is not to blame here and your previous statement makes it sound like it is. You can't just go and change your statement and act like I'm the idiot. Own up to your mistakes, you misspoke, don't try to put the blame on to other people.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU