Hacking corrupted 4.4 firmware update to 4.5 question

Samo232

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
So i corrupted my 4.4 fw on my 3ds xl and i cant use my gateway card because of it. Member of my family tried to update my console and i cancelled that in the last moments(about 70% update) by trurning off wi-fi switch on the 3ds and now every time I try to use either blue card or just enter gateway mode my console crashes
My console still says its on 4.4 fw and asks me to update every time i enter shop

I was wondering should i update to 4.5 with eu animal crossing (i would have to buy this game) would that fix my firmware?
Or should I mod my 3ds and rewrite my nand with the backup I did with my gateway.
I would rather avoid this option not to lose my warranty

Guys dont tell me to format my cards or any of that stuff i tried and it didnt work

Btw. My 1st post on this forum but im lurking from quite some time

Unjustly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does starting up the 3ds and playing games work fine? If so, you haven't bricked your 3ds. I think it's worth trying to update to 4.5 with a 3ds game such as animal crossing. In my country there are several 3ds rental services, that way you don't even have to buy the game just rent it update and return it or borrow a 4.5fw game from a friend or a family member.

Unjustly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess that means you're safe, just try to update it with the 4.5 fw. Worst case scenario you buy the game updating doesn't work and you return the game and get your money back.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
iirc, the 3DS updates all the core FW first, just the system settings is the last thing to get updated, so you can end up on pretty much 7.1.....but it still shows up as 4.4 as the system settings didn't get updated to display the new version

Now I'm not certain on this but I'm pretty sure even though system settings doesn't display the new FW, everything else will act like its updated i.e games that require 6.x *May* work without updating....this means your pretty much screwed.
as i said I'm not "certain" of this but with the blue card not working it seems that most of the update got applied, including the part that blocks the gateway blue card, try seeing if a game with 4.5 helps, but i reckon restoring your old nand via the nand mod will probably end up being your only option

Unjustly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iirc, the 3DS updates all the core FW first, just the system settings is the last thing to get updated, so you can end up on pretty much 7.1.....but it still shows up as 4.4 as the system settings didn't get updated to display the new version

Now I'm not certain on this but I'm pretty sure even though system settings doesn't display the new FW, everything else will act like its updated i.e games that require 6.x *May* work without updating....this means your pretty much screwed.
as i said I'm not "certain" of this but with the blue card not working it seems that most of the update got applied, including the part that blocks the gateway blue card, try seeing if a game with 4.5 helps, but i reckon restoring your old nand via the nand mod will probably end up being your only option
If that's the case then you should have miiplaza, check if you have the 7.X features on your supposedly 4.4 console Samo232, if so then you should indeed load up your backup with a nand mod

Samo232

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
yes i do have miiplaza but when i try to turn it on it gives me an error

edit: oh wait i ment that i have miiverse
gonna check plaza now

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yes i do have miiplaza but when i try to turn it on it gives me an error

if you can still get your hands on a 4.5 game, it is worth a shot, but someone else had a similar problem, and games that contained updates played regardless of the fact system settings displayed 4.x, if the 4.5 update doesnt run you will have to restore the nand via hardware mod

Samo232

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
checking my plaza but it looks just like it looked on 4.4
from things that should not be on this fw i have miiverse that wont even start up

Unjustly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
checking my plaza but it looks just like it looked on 4.4
from things that should not be on this fw i have miiverse that wont even start up
I indeed meant miiverse, my bad. It looks like your 3ds almost fully updated but some parts got corrupted. I'd say be glad you didn't brick it and try to restore your backup nand with a mod.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Just buy a game like Luigi's Mansion 2, it would be worth the buy and run the update, if it is successful updating to 4.5.0 without the Wifi switch on then you know your all good but if not then yes its bad, just hope that it works OK! Goodluck! But looking back at your comments again, 70% into the update that is a lot I think your FKD man!!! tbh m8ty you should of parental locked your 3DS then it would of never happened but you probably knew that already.

On my two I have them parental locked, wifi switch off, mine are like fort knox to update! ;) You have to be safe to be sure.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Is your camera launch key seperated, or becoming L+R?

If it's L+R, then congratulations, your FW actually has already been updated to 7.X!

If a FW showed ver. 4.x but having camera launch key L+R, and a Miiverse icon on touch screen's right-top, then it's partly upgraded and cannot be recovered without a mod-based reflashing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+