Corrupt text on games and menus, EZ Flash IV

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by shoving_tacoz, Jun 21, 2009.

Jun 21, 2009
  1. shoving_tacoz
    OP

Newcomer shoving_tacoz Member

United States
    Hello. I'm new here, but this seems to be the correct board. I looked for an answer before I made this, to no avail. I am having a problem with my EZflash IV using a GBM. Please excuse the long text, I'll try and provide as much info as possible.

After using the EZFlash with success, I turned the system off and then on, and am now greeted with corrupted text on all menu and game labels. This makes it hard to menu navigate and impossible to pick out a particular game. The text is a corrupted ampersand or something repeated a bunch of times in each line. I've uploaded pictures which can be viewed here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried formatting the MiniSD card, as well as reinstalling the ezflash_up.bin file and the games through the ez4client. The games all load, but the text is still corrupted. I can play games, but have no way to sort thru any of them. I have to blindly select roms.

I think I need a way to flash/erase the cart back to its 'factory settings', if possible, or I need to find a menu way to change the font. I don't know what to do, but I'll provide any and all info to you guys if you need it. Thanks for reading!

2. shoving_tacoz
    OP

United States
    lol now my PC SD reader is refusing the MiniSD, NOTHING wants to work for me...

3. shoving_tacoz
    OP

United States
    bump

Can anyone give me a walkthru on menu labels to try and change the language?

4. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    After starting up, push down three times, then A two times. After the screen changes press A again. Then either select the first option by pressing A or press down and then A to select the second option (depends on what language setting it was on before).

Hope this helps.

5. shoving_tacoz
    OP

United States
    Thanks, I'll try this when I get home. Thanks!!!

6. shoving_tacoz
    OP

United States
    Didn't work, lol. I can choose between two corrupted languages. I think the card is done. Now games won't load, just the incomprehensible menu systems. Hopefully the retailer will let me swap this one, although you never know. Still waiting on an email. I had the thing working for an hour and then.. crap!

() EDIT ()

Realhotstuff.com, the retailer, got my defective unit and is sending me a new one tomorrow! WHOO HOO!!