Hacking Corrupt Sys Menu when leaving Toy Story 3?

Dravial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using usbloader gx 2.0 r1037 & NeoGAMMA r9 b47 on 4.2U and cIOs r21 (and whatever else the latest version of modmii sets me up with). when I run Toy Story 3 off of the hdd on either loader, it plays perfect, but when I hit home, and leave to Wii menu it acts like its going back to the channel lists, and they flash, then I get the message:

"The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

Turning the Wii off and on again seems to fix this problem, and this is the only game out of 104 that do this. Also, if I play the game off the backup disc I made, it exits back to the Wii Menu just fine from either loader - it only shows the error when leaving if loaded from the hard drive. I did not notice this issue on the compatibility list, so I was wondering if anyone could help. First, is there any real danger here due to the message I am receiving, and second does anyone know either why or how to fix it?

FYI: This is a freshly upgraded soft mod, within the last two weeks, so everything should be the latest and greatest, also bought a new hdd for this purpose which is working perfectly.

Dravial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna bump this, just once, in hopes of stirring a response, the way I am thinking I have either:

(A) Stumped the lot of you as to why this would happen...
-or-
(B) You all think I am a bloody moron...

I'd appreciate a response either way (I can take it
wink.gif
). Thanks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, does the same error occur when using Configurable USB Loader or WiiFlow? What is the base IOS of your cIOS?

T

TheRealVisitor

I had the same problem with Wii Fit Plus and Just Dance 1 when using rev21base57 only with CFG not GX or Wiiflow. Using rev21base56 or Hermes cIOS for that two games fixed that issue.

Dravial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the default 249 rev21 which I think is the 57 base, I will try with some others and let you know what happens...
I have not tried with cfg or wiiflow either. If I can't get it going properly with another cIOS I will try one of them. Thanks for the response.

T

TheRealVisitor

Dravial said:
I am using the default 249 rev21 which I think is the 57 base, I will try with some others and let you know what happens...
I have not tried with cfg or wiiflow either. If I can't get it going properly with another cIOS I will try one of them. Thanks for the response.

I switched to cIOS249[56]-v21d2x2 for some time now and all games run fine and that issue didn't appear again. I don't have any games that need the ios57 as base like Black Ops.

Dravial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I believe I incorrectly stated I was using what I thought was 57 base. I am sure you are aware it is not - forgive my ignorance. I was using the 56 base (r21) cIOS249.
Second, I tried using different cIOS and achieved the same results as in my first post.
To drewmerc; I think you are on to something... and here is why - After trying to switch cIOS's without success I went to try the RETURN TO options. I can not change the RETURN TO options from within the individual game menu, so I did it through GX Settings, which I changed to return to GX. After I did this of course, every game was now set to return to GX (and could be changed to none, or gx), now the itneresting part is that when I leave Toy Story 3 now, with RETURN TO 'GX', it returns me to the system menu (wii channels)! But on top of returning me to the system menu, it now does so without error...?! As a test I also tried a few other games, and when I exit them, they of course auto reload the GX loader. Definately seems like a bug...

EDIT: As I do not know of anything similar to a 'RETURN TO' function on NeoGAMMA, I did not test that app any further...

Dravial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, in case anyone was following this thread, the game appeared to only leave once without doing as mentioned above. I only tested it once, until two nights ago, when one of my kids went to play Toy Story 3, and the same occurred, and no settings have been changed. Don't know what might be going on here, unless maybe I need 4.3 system menu with it being a new game (and if thats so, why did changing where it went when quiting work once?)? Any insight would be nice...

Dravial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS53? Ok, and now the stupid question of the day... where might I find that? I used modmii to update... did that erase or modify my current one? If I did a sys check or something else and post it would that be helpful?

Dravial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius:
Before I loaded anymore cIOS, I tried using CFG loader, and I had no problems leaving the game and going back to system menu. Again, thats using 4.2U, ios249[56]r21, and neogamma and usb gx both were showing corrupt system menu with same settings. Still not sure why usb worked once when I changed 'RETURN TO:' to usb loader, but it worked once and only once. Now, I went back to usb loader and tried one more thing, I changed the 002 fix from 'anti' to yes. Upon doing this I was able to exit the game to the system menu no problem (I also had changed RETURN TO back to NO). Interesting part is, I then went back and changed RETURN TO to usb loader, and then loaded and exited the game, and it took me back to the system menu... However, it did not give me a corrupt file system menu message. I tried both of these configurations twice this time... Dunno, but it goes back to the menu now with no difficulties... Still makes me think maybe you are right and I should usb CFG Loader...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad: