Hacking Corrupt Save (Emunand etc. GW ULTRA)

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, since updating to the ULTRA version of gateway, I've figured out something a bit weird. Using the browser to launch the gateway exploit leads to the 'corrupt save' on GW Classic mode (retail carts), on carts that I had saves done from using the blue gateway card.

Now when I load the games thru using the ds profile (Blue gateway card) exploit, the saves are read properly.

Now my question is, does this happen for everybody else? And if so, are the headers for the online gateway exploit the same as those for those on normal firmware? I.e. if I use a retail card on the gateway browser classic mode exploit, will the save be able to be read on a normal untouched 3ds?

Thanks in advance.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's... really weird. Have you upgraded/downgraded sysnand at all?

The only thing affecting emunand's ability to read saves (and decide if they're corrupted or not) is your sysnand. If you've upgraded/downgraded that beyond 6.0 then you've changed the encryption key, so all your old saves will be corrupt with the new keys until you go back

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nop, I haven't. Like I said, it still works for me when I load GW off of the DS Profile exploit, just corrupt if i try the website method. Not really a big deal, but moreso wondering whether the website method would give a header consistent with normal untouched retail carts - guess not

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's good to know. Your retail game in Classic Mode of DS Profile exploit still use old 4.X save encryption, while the Classic Mode of Browser exploit use new 6.X encryption.

I'm pretty sure the save encryption is still gonna be the 4.X one regardless of whether it's the web or DS exploit

It's based on sysNAND. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first I hear that the browser exploit uses the new save encryption

Reactions: RainThunder

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, i'm not too sure what's up either but guess i'll be sticking with the Ds Profile exploit if i wanna play mah games then :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1