Corrupt Save (Emunand etc. GW ULTRA)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kingfield, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Kingfield
    OP

Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2007
    Hey guys, since updating to the ULTRA version of gateway, I've figured out something a bit weird. Using the browser to launch the gateway exploit leads to the 'corrupt save' on GW Classic mode (retail carts), on carts that I had saves done from using the blue gateway card.

Now when I load the games thru using the ds profile (Blue gateway card) exploit, the saves are read properly.

Now my question is, does this happen for everybody else? And if so, are the headers for the online gateway exploit the same as those for those on normal firmware? I.e. if I use a retail card on the gateway browser classic mode exploit, will the save be able to be read on a normal untouched 3ds?

Thanks in advance.

2. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    That's... really weird. Have you upgraded/downgraded sysnand at all?

The only thing affecting emunand's ability to read saves (and decide if they're corrupted or not) is your sysnand. If you've upgraded/downgraded that beyond 6.0 then you've changed the encryption key, so all your old saves will be corrupt with the new keys until you go back

3. Kingfield
    OP

Nov 8, 2007
    Nop, I haven't. Like I said, it still works for me when I load GW off of the DS Profile exploit, just corrupt if i try the website method. Not really a big deal, but moreso wondering whether the website method would give a header consistent with normal untouched retail carts - guess not

4. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Which games? The secure values might have gotten messed up.

5. orochi115

orochi115 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2013
    Switzerland
    What's your firmware version for sysNAND and emuNAND?

6. Kingfield
    OP

Nov 8, 2007
    Games are Pokemon (X & AS)

my firmware version for sysnand is 4.5, emunand is 9.3 or 9.4 atm i think

7. RainThunder

RainThunder GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Hanoi
    That's good to know. Your retail game in Classic Mode of DS Profile exploit still use old 4.X save encryption, while the Classic Mode of Browser exploit use new 6.X encryption.

Retail game doesn't use secure value.

8. RainThunder

RainThunder GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Hanoi
    Double post, please delete.

9. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension

I'm pretty sure the save encryption is still gonna be the 4.X one regardless of whether it's the web or DS exploit

It's based on sysNAND. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first I hear that the browser exploit uses the new save encryption

RainThunder likes this.
  10. Kingfield
    OP

Nov 8, 2007
    Alright, i'm not too sure what's up either but guess i'll be sticking with the Ds Profile exploit if i wanna play mah games then :P