corrupt files on my 3ds? won't let me install CIAs

geocambrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20211226_173556.jpg
there's two corrupt files in my 3ds and not only that but my 3ds also won't let me install the necessary cfw, if the problems are even related. could anyone help?

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have had the same issue, what fixed me was downloading Luma and everything fresh copies and just replacing everything on my card then doing the install from the menu you can access by holding down like the trigger buttons and down on the D pad or something.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may be data, but what it could really be, is a corrupted SD Card. If it is not letting you install .cias than that could mean some sort of a write error. Copy all data off of the card while you still can, and just get a new SD Card from Amazon, 128 GB cards only cost around $20, I suggest Samsung, or Sandisk, keep an eye out for fake knock off cards as well, because they plague the site.

Also this same error occurs for me whenever I try to install a .CIA from a random site on the web. Look for them on Github, or by using the homebrew browser Universal Updater.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all