Correlation between M3Real microSD crashes, or just coincidence?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by TripDyke, Apr 4, 2008.

1. TripDyke

Member TripDyke GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    So my 2nd microSD crashed today, and this one is just a generic brand. I bought my M3Real pack a few months ago in a bundle with a 2gb Japanese Kingston microSD card. I loaded up all my ROMs and it was all running great until I put it back into my PC to get my old R4 saves onto it. One of the games that I was playing was the new Advance Wars. As soon as I plugged it in, the drive window closed and whenever I tried to open it again, I got the "Please insert disk into Drive J:" error. Formatting didn't work, and I don't have a phone or camera that takes microSD cards.

After this happened, I borrowed my housemate's generic 2gb microSD card which is the one that crashed today. It's been playing great since I've been using it, but the other day I decided to put the new Advance Wars onto it. It played fine last night (I was up until about 2am playing it), but then when I put the microSD back into my PC it crashed like the old one. It was running fine until I put Advance Wars on it!

Is this just a coincidence, or have other people had this problem before?

EDIT: Okay, evidently I just suck balls and jump to conclusions far too easily. Please disregard this thread! ...although I am curious as to how many people have had the corrupt microSD problem...
  2. xjenova

Member xjenova GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2007
    Dominican Republic
    Are you using the card reader that came with your M3?