Correction: No Full DS Games on Wii Download!

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Turns out NY Times got things wrong and mixed up the Full WiiWare games for the DS Demos.. which we already knew..

from kotaku.com:

QUOTE said:
Turns out that New York Times story didn't just mix up the DS and PSP's features, oh and misspell Reggie's name twice, it also screwed up what exactly was downloadable to the Wii as a full-blown game and what was just for demos.

That's right, according to Nintendo, the Wii will NOT be able to transmit or download full DS games. Apparently the New York Times confused DS demos with WiiWare titles. So you can download full on Wii games (which we knew), but only wireless DS demo games (which we also knew).

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to convince myself that this thread was in fact the true liar.

But it is time to face the truth.

haha i wasn't that excited besides that is why i got a flashcard
yaynds.gif

Kingwad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I knew someone was wrong, because the story just didn't work with the specs of the DS. It was like announcing a full size ping pong table for the back seat of a VW bug.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
How is this disappointing? This is a good thing, Nintendo handhelds have been sorely lacking a decent demo system for years. It's only any use if you own a Wii, but it's a step in the right direction. It'd be interesting to know how much they're planning on charging for the service. If you think about it console demos have rarely been free, thinking back to the PSX apart from a disc in the console box and the odd one or two free ones from Sony through the post most demos came on a CD bolted to a magazine with an inflated price tag to compensate. Of course it'd be awesome it if was free, but it's not unreasonable to think there may be a small charge for access to demo content.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
How is this disappointing? This is a good thing, Nintendo handhelds have been sorely lacking a decent demo system for years. It's only any use if you own a Wii, but it's a step in the right direction. It'd be interesting to know how much they're planning on charging for the service. If you think about it console demos have rarely been free, thinking back to the PSX apart from a disc in the console box and the odd one or two free ones from Sony through the post most demos came on a CD bolted to a magazine with an inflated price tag to compensate. Of course it'd be awesome it if was free, but it's not unreasonable to think there may be a small charge for access to demo content.

Which of course means many people will totally ignore it if they have a flash cart. Why pay for small demos when you can download the full game for free and try that?

Slipurson

Trophies
Website
www.slipurson.nu
XP
Country
I will pay anyway, just to sleep alittle bit better at night
wink.gif

as for the WiiWare not "selling full version games for the DS, both good and bad, i mean streaming data.. yey i am so free with my DS that i can move outside of range and it stops working, but at the same time i am sure i would sit there in my sofa playing games streaming of the Wii to my DS
biggrin.gif

but the fact that they bring the demos to ppls homes (and i am sure it wont cost alot of money) is a step in the right direction anyway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"