Hacking Corpse Party: Book of Shadows Graphics Files

DarkHamsterlord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is the place to ask about this.

I'm trying to remove the graphics files from Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (specifically, the character bust graphics), but it's proving to be extremely difficult, especially for someone like myself, with very little knowledge of programming and ripping data from ISOs and such.

I extracted some AFS files from the ISO, and judging from the file names, I believe I found the bust sprites. Unfortunately, they're all listed as being in "KLZ" format, which as far as I can tell, doesn't actually exist. I got some help from someone a little bit more knowledgeable (but not much more) and he looked at the KLZ files in a HEX editor.

He says they look like TIM2 files, but don't match exactly.
i7d1ExeWzrT5i.png

"The headers of the KLZ files don't exactly match those of TM2 images. That highlighted span wouldn't typically be there. Maybe 5pb modified the format for their VN engine, which Book of Shadows runs on."

He tried using a couple of programs meant to extract TIM2 files, but he only managed to get garbled pictures like this
ifNefk0VfExAO.png

Another person I asked had this to say

"I've been playing with the files you uploaded, and I have to say: However these are encoded, it makes sense to me that they probably encoded and compressed the bust sprites somehow. Although, I'd like to say: Looking at how its hex looks, and what I found in Image Viewer (making it look like a TIM2 file and then opening it reveals it's basically a 50-pixel-wide strip of colors and white noise) makes me think it's their variation of compression. That, or it's been straight up fucked up somehow."

The files are like this in both the US and JP ISOs, and I'm kind of at a loss for what to do at this point. Does anyone here, who might actually have some actual experience with this sort of thing, have any ideas?

edit: Nevermind, I got 'em.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw today at school I gave one of my cookies from my snack to the girl I like.