Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People living in the UK may be asking "are you shitting me?" well I shit ye not...

Source

QUOTE said:
ITV's popular evening soap Coronation Street will be going digital in a game for DS.

As part of a license with TRL games (who's also making a board game on the show), the DS outing will challenge fans through a range of adventures and tasks set in the fictional street later this year.

The publisher had previously worked on titles on other popular television licenses such as Deal of No Deal, Ready Steady Cook and Golden Balls.

For those who don't know its a UK soap that is actually sort of bareable when my Mrs watches it, unlike Eastenders which I loathe to bits with its same fucking storylines every year. Of course not something I'd tune in to watch. Should be a quality game with the license and the publisher past games....or not.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Jesus Christ.

How is this even going to work as a game?
MINI GAMES!!!

Needs to have a pingeon training game with Jack Duckworth.

I think there was a game based on a UK soap on the C64...I think.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wtf.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Hadrian Uranium said:
p1ngpong said:
Jesus Christ.

How is this even going to work as a game?
MINI GAMES!!!

Needs to have a pingeon training game with Jack Duckworth.

I think there was a game based on a UK soap on the C64...I think.

They can have a darts mini game and a binge drinking mini game and stuff I guess.

All with incredibly badly scripted acting too.

Imagine Pigeon Trainer: Coronation Street Edition FTW!
yaypsp.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be a deep and immense RPG, though the dialogue might be a bit too good for RPG gamers.
tongue.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yer sh**ing me right ?!

*checks calender and link*

wtf noooooooooooooooooooooooo no no this must not happen... dammit time to sell my ds now and gouge my eyes out and pour acid in the holes!

meh and I complained about animal/petzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz type games!!!!!!

what frikin next Eastenders PAT CABS crazy taxi ??

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow! Just, wow!

If they have this Steve Mcdonald song as one of the mini-games, I'll go *facepalm*...

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
Erm... Wow, this is one game I never expected to see... no doubt it'll be disgracefully bad.
You'll probably get an Eastenders video game to match it now.

It'd be interesting if they made a fighting game pitting the various soap stars against each other

QUOTE said:
what frikin next Eastenders PAT CABS crazy taxi ??

Wow! One game I would play
biggrin.gif
Oh god... can you imagine pat butcher being on the cover art? On a side note, doesnt she remind you of ivy from soul calibur? I'm not sure if that blue suit she wears from SC2 carries over to the other games though.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
granville said:
I considering facepalming the people who thought this was a good idea, but then I decided not to.

..........MUST....FIGHT....FACEPALM......NRRGGGG

facepalm.jpg
Funnily enough, Patrick Stuart has been in Coronation Street, and his ambition is to be in it again.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
xcdjy said:
You're shitting me right?

No, really... Coronation Street DS? I mean, wtf? Do we play as the Mad Maria, and get to scratch that bloke with the twitchy eye with a stylus? How about Norris... we have to employ as many paper-boy's as we can.

What a load of garbage
hate2.gif
The DS get's some shit games these days.
Thanks to this game. I decided not to re-buy a DS.

Nintendo's getting such rubbish games (there are good games but those games are being outnumbered by these kind of games)

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
What are you people talking about, you guys have no taste in good games! This game will be famous and have the GotY award for 2009 on the DS. Just you wait!!

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
xcdjy said:
Canonbeat234 said:
What are you people talking about, you guys have no taste in good games! This game will be famous and have the GotY award for 2009 on the DS. Just you wait!!

Har har, I can just imagine Rockstar being turned down for GOTY, and watching Coronation Street take the award xD

Hey there's a point... It should be a freeroamer. You play as Norris stealing cars and causing havoc on the streets, there's even pidgeons to shoot! GTA: Coronation Street xD

Exactly plus it will have drama about Norris not making love to one of his sexy girlfriends.
moogle.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Now I'm not going to lie; with the expansion of the target audience of the DS, I don't see why not. It sounds a bit odd because no-one's ever done it before. If you think about it a game based around a soap is just like every other movie or book tie-in*, just a lot more mundane. It could be a Sims meets Phoenix wright; move into the town as a new family, and get wrapped up in the convoluted plots surrounding a village full of complete nutters.

However

with such quality titles as Deal or no Deal in their back catalogue, I think it's a disgusting way to rip off consumers by preying on a name they'll recognise. This developer has proven that they are incapable of making anything that can't be described as complete, utter and total shit. We know this game will be rubbish.

(* yes I know most movie tie-ins are crap, but still)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr