Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
352hiyh.png

new30m.jpg

qnlfut.jpg

The first images from inside CoroCoro have started to come. These images showcase further screenshots of Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 and provide a lot of information. First, it confirms Alder will appear early on within the game and asks the player to follow him

The first page reveals that Alder, Bianca, N, and Cheren will be reappearing. Bianca features a new design, composed of longer hair, new attire, and glasses. She has officially become Professor Juniper's assistant, and gives the player their starter Pokémon. Cheren has also been given a new design and is now the regional Normal-type Gym Leader, replacing Lenora, but still giving away Basic Badges. The Basic Badge is shown on the sixth page to be the first one obtained by players. N is still reported as missing, as not even Team Plasma knows his whereabouts.
The second page features the Pokémon World Tournament with every Gym Leader and Champion from every region taking part in single battles, Double Battles, and many other types. Participants featured are: Cynthia, Blue, Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Janine, Blaine, Giovanni, Volkner, Steven Stone, and Lance.
The third page focuses on a new feature, Pokéwood, which pays homage to Hollywood and is where the player may take part in filming Pokémon movies. The films feature a scenario chosen by the player, and a number of Pokémon battles. Homika's father is also revealed to have co-starred in films alongside Brycen. Pokéwood is also set to be featured in the Pokémon anime on June 7.
The fourth page goes into the Pokémon AR Searcher, which features the new Professor Burnet, and gives the Kami trio and their formes titles. Previous formes are now referred to as Keshin Forme, and the new formes are Reijuu Forme.

o Bianca my love

Source

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Y no battle frontier

But the tournament sounds good.

But with N in the mag it is certain that he will appear in the game.

RikuCrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
That artwork of Cynthia is too overused....

EXCITED FOR THIS!

And Best Wishes 2 aswell (if only Brock reappeared and not Dawn, for god's sakes)

I like having Cheren as a gym leader, I always hated Lenora anyway (inb4 racism accusations)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

EXCITED FOR THIS!

And Best Wishes 2 aswell (if only Brock reappeared and not Dawn, for god's sakes)

I like having Cheren as a gym leader, I always hated Lenora anyway (inb4 racism accusations)
To be honest I hated Lenora too. Her Pokemon were like... Fuck.

This game looks very promising. This is what BW1 should be actually.

Reactions: 1 person

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

EXCITED FOR THIS!

What do you hate about her then? :creep:

Actually this looks really good and hopefully my R4iPlus that I won from the Arcade Comp gets here before its released, can someone remind me of when that is?
Autumm for Europe, Spring for aussies
So basically around October

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually this looks really good and hopefully my R4iPlus that I won from the Arcade Comp gets here before its released, can someone remind me of when that is?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So... It literally looks and plays exactly like Black and White with no changes whatsoever other than an added Tournament mode that should've been in place since WFC was invented. Actually, since GBA Pokemon titles seeing that those allowed 4-Player connections already.

Nice... ;)

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So... It literally looks and plays exactly like Black and White with no changes whatsoever other than an added Tournament mode that should've been in place since WFC was invented. Actually, since GBA Pokemon titles seeing that those allowed 4-Player connections already.

Nice... ;)

THE STORY CONTINUES...

Reactions: 4 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Exactly, we get a continuation to a mediocre story only a simpleton could care about. For Gamefreak, this is progress.
What are you on about? Pokemon Black and White's story was very elaborate for Pokemon standards!

I mean, there's the evil team stealing Pokemon, there's a whole lot more gyms then usual and not just one but THREE rivals if you count N who comes out of nowhere and just proclaims himself as your rival even though you've never seen him before!

This is fascinating compared to the usual evil team stealing Pokemon, a lot of gyms and one rival, it's by no means for simpletons. :tpi:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, we get a continuation to a mediocre story only a simpleton could care about. For Gamefreak, this is progress.
What are you on about? Pokemon Black and White's story was very elaborate for Pokemon standards!

I mean, there's the evil team stealing Pokemon, there's a whole lot more gyms then usual and not just one but THREE rivals if you count N who comes out of nowhere and just proclaims himself as your rival even though you've never seen him before!

This is fascinating compared to the usual evil team stealing Pokemon, a lot of gyms and one rival, it's by no means for simpletons. :tpi:

Well the thing that bothered me is that they had minor potential, making an evil team that wasn't stupidly evil like Team Rocket or whatever the other stupid teams were. Like a team against what they see as the slavery of Pokemon? That's some deep shit for a Pokemon game. But then they literally just say "Oh, this is just a hoax" and steal Pokemon and the same bullshit Team Rocket and Team Plasma and Team Whatever has done in the past. Great job, GameFreak.

I know Pokemon isn't story centered but recently they've been wasting so much time on developing stupid stories that don't work and trying to add "cinematic experiences" to games that don't even look that impressive. Pokemon was about mashing the A button past dialogue and playing quick Pokemon battles which made it an ideal handheld RPG, not a growing mediocre story with really stupid side mini games and "cinematic" sequences.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well the thing that bothered me is that they had minor potential, making an evil team that wasn't stupidly evil like Team Rocket or whatever the other stupid teams were. Like a team against what they see as the slavery of Pokemon? That's some deep shit for a Pokemon game. But then they literally just say "Oh, this is just a hoax" and steal Pokemon and the same bullshit Team Rocket and Team Plasma and Team Whatever has done in the past. Great job, GameFreak.

I know Pokemon isn't story centered but recently they've been wasting so much time on developing stupid stories that don't work and trying to add "cinematic experiences" to games that don't even look that impressive. Pokemon was about mashing the A button past dialogue and playing quick Pokemon battles which made it an ideal handheld RPG, not a growing mediocre story with really stupid side mini games and "cinematic" sequences.
I disagree. The story in Pokemon has always been a fun but short experience latching onto a fantastic, mainly multiplayer game - it was always short and was supposed to entertain you and brief you into the mechanics of the game before relentless grinding begins. Team Rocket has always been my favourite team simply because its motivation and modus operandi was crystal clear - I loved the inaptitude of the two main villians and I loved the fact that Team Rocket wasn't actually a joke - it was well-organized under Giovanni's rule, you just rarely got to see those bits of glory, which was a good thing. The major operations where great, the two main villians you encounter served as re-occouring comic relief - it was a brilliant setup. The goal was clear - become the Pokemon Master and catch'em all - that's what Pokemon is all about and it never gets old. There is no need to make the story any more convoluted, the story should head back to the basics where it thrived.

Anyways, my point is that it's not really "Click A and carry on fighting" - there was a story. A short story, but a well-developed one that served its purpose. Nowadays... it's just... Long and boring with little "stuff" going on and it's pulled off badly.

Reactions: 1 person

Black-Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

When your game series needs some life.
Add cinematic sequences and weird story plots.
Pro Evolution Soccer did it for their 'be a pro' mode which was a surprise.
Soul Calibur V did it and it failed.
In my opinion it was a nice change to the pokemon series, for once I couldnt predict exactly what would happen. Hopefully they wont flop what they started in B&W2

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But not a new flashy one with long cinematics and crappy storyboards focused on 2 people only
They practically abolished the old plot along with its best characters.
I gave up on Soul Calibur after playing Legends on the Wii so I wouldn't know - I own the original for the Dreamcast and that was an amazing game, right now I wouldn't buy a Soul Calibur before pirating it just to be safe.

It baffles me how one can take Soul Calibur and f*ck it up, even on the Wii.

Black-Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But not a new flashy one with long cinematics and crappy storyboards focused on 2 people only
They practically abolished the old plot along with its best characters.
I gave up on Soul Calibur after playing Legends on the Wii so I wouldn't know - I own the original for the Dreamcast and that was an amazing game, right now I wouldn't buy a Soul Calibur before pirating it just to be safe.

It baffles me how one can take Soul Calibur and f*ck it up, even on the Wii.
Unless you have others to play it with.
Avoid V completely.
Pokemon can abolish old characters, change up the story and still make it work. Soul Calibur cannot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr