Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ds.gif
CoroCoro Reveals New Pokemon HG/SS Details
Release date included!
pokemon.jpg

The newest issue of CoroCoro magazine is out, and in it are new details on the upcoming remakes of Pokemon Gold/Silver. I'll get straight to the good stuff:
  • Pre-orders start on July 20th, same date as new movie, speculative pre-order movie cross promotion.
  • It is hinted at that Kanto will be available.
  • New wi-fi features included, "building on what was established with Diamond and Pearl, and Platinum."
  • The player can choose either a male or female character. However, the female character is NOT the female from Crystal. She's a completely new character.
  • PokeGear has been redesigned.
  • There appears to be some sort of Pichu event in Ilex Forest.
Here are some of the new scans:
corocoro-1.jpg

corocoro-2.jpg

corocoro-3.jpg

corocoro-4.jpg

corocoro-5.jpg

corocoro-6.jpg

North Americans, rest easy. Nintendo recently filed for trademarks in the U.S. for "Pokemon Heart Gold" and "Pokemon Soul Silver".

icon11.gif
 Source

EDIT:Apparently, the release date and skateboard info was a lie. Sorry about that, everyone. Joystiq apologized for misinforming us!

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
[*]Japanese release date is September 11th, 2009.

Haha, that doesn't sound like a very good release date. =P
But I'm looking forward to this remake. I don't think I have ever beaten Silver..

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
i wonder if you will be able to trade with diamond and Pearl, and Platinum(maybe only after you beat the elite 4 of BOTH GAMEs)
and
if there will be any gba pokemon stuff, like pal park

DrYHeLL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
War said:
North Americans, rest easy. Nintendo recently filed for trademarks in the U.S. for "Pokemon Heart Gold" and "Pokemon Soul Silver".

WTF I dont want want those names. Soul silver is alright but heart gold?
Good thing I'm a silver man myself otherwise I'd be devastated by Gold's horrible name.
(And Lucky I don't pick the girl character. I mean what the hell is up with her hat? Is she hiding a freaking Groudon under there?)

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Ryupower said:
i wonder if you will be able to trade with diamond and Pearl, and Platinum(maybe only after you beat the elite 4 of BOTH GAMEs)
and
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to trade with Diamond/Pearl and Platinum. It wouldn't make sense to remove that ability. However, you probably won't be able to trade new Pokemon from D/P/Pl to SS/HG (for example, giving HG/SS a Torterra or something). Other than that, I see no issues.

About the PalPark thing, I'm not so sure. I would imagine there would be no problem with that.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
About the PalPark thing, I'm not so sure. I would imagine there would be no problem with that.
I really don't see them doing anything GBA related with this one. With DSi out they're not gonna want to exclude people from some features no matter how small the amount is.

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bring on the remakes, Woot! Looks as though the good'ol stuff is making a comeback, let's just hope they are as good as previous and improved features continue to appear
biggrin.gif
yaynds.gif

manaphy4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wow only 4 month left until we play this remakes
smile.gif
nice features and New wi-fi features included, "building on what was established with Diamond and Pearl, and Platinum." That will be A GTS Global Trading Station

Thanks for The Pokemon News War

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
DrYHeLL said:
...(And Lucky I don't pick the girl character. I mean what the hell is up with her hat? Is she hiding a freaking Groudon under there?)

wouldn't that be a nice twist......pick the girl, get a free Groudon by taking her hat off
tongue.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
mrfatso said:
haha, now all that is left is for them to remake ruby/sapphire/emerald and leafgreen/firered and bring the rest of them to the wonderful world of ds
biggrin.gif
I doubt FireRed and LeafGreen will get a remake. Not for a long time. Especially if you consider the fact that they ARE remakes.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DrYHeLL said:
War said:

WTF I dont want want those names. Soul silver is alright but heart gold?
Good thing I'm a silver man myself otherwise I'd be devastated by Gold's horrible name.
(And Lucky I don't pick the girl character. I mean what the hell is up with her hat? Is she hiding a freaking Groudon under there?)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_Gold

And the release date is for Japan so any Pokemon-terrorism links can be dismissed.

Edit: Just saw the pics, the girl trainer looks as ugly as shit.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Ryupower said:
and
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to trade with Diamond/Pearl and Platinum. It wouldn't make sense to remove that ability. However, you probably won't be able to trade new Pokemon from D/P/Pl to SS/HG (for example, giving HG/SS a Torterra or something). Other than that, I see no issues.

why not? that would be dumb. what i think is you can trade pokemon right off the bat from d/p/p or you have to beat the game and unlock some machine that lets you bring d/p/p pokemons to g/s.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Well, in previous games, you couldn't bring new Pokemon to an old game. But then again, this will be a first... An old game is getting remade after new games. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Well, in previous games, you couldn't bring new Pokemon to an old game. But then again, this will be a first... An old game is getting remade after new games. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

What? That bit is a bit unclear.
You could bring new Pokemon to an old game (R/S/E/Colosseum/XD to FR/LG). Or did you mean like the original old games (remakes not included)?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wchill said:
War said:

What? That bit is a bit unclear.
You could bring new Pokemon to an old game (R/S/E/Colosseum/XD to FR/LG). Or did you mean like the original old games (remakes not included)?
he means like,you can't bring Dialga in Pokemon Blue,and in that sense,it may be at the first part of the game,only Jhoto Pokemon are accessible,not the 3th and 4th gen pokemons,since this is a remake,but who knows,we might be able to use an Arceus against the the Elite 4
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👈 Always touching 🍆 +1