Copyright Cops Target Kids’ Schools and Community Centers

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by phoood, Oct 15, 2008.

1. phoood
    OP

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    What are your opinions on this?

2. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Wow, what a bunch of gays aha.

3. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    Oh, it's in the UK. Aha.

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    THE WORLD OF SUITS have GONE MONEY MAD!!!!!

I agree with radio stations having to paying fees to play music that's their job

and other establishments having to pay for rights to re broadcast stuff ..

but community centers with elderly people etc and youth clubs for kids .. GET A LIFE PRS GET A DAMN LIFE!

you will be OLD one day too or have kids that go to a school disco/prom are they going to go after them too?

what about the kids in the street with their damn mobile phones and mp3 ring tones ?? are you going to target them next ???

what about the kid on the bus with an IPOD that we can OBVIOUSLY HEAR their music its that damn loud are you going after them too??

WHAT if my neighbour has their stereo up loud and I hear it are they liable?

what say I walk down the street and whistle the latest number 1 do I have to pay too??

GET A DAMN LIFE and GET A REAL JOB!

NON PROFIT ORGANISATION ... YEAH RIGHT!!! then stop the damn taking people to court and huge damn fines for crap reasons!

[/RANT mode OFF]

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Joy.
    We now have these guys as well as FAST/FACT and the TV license tax* people.

Wonder how I can spin the "open source" thing to music and video.

* http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06/09/internet_tv_licence/ as an especially fun example (I could not care less about football (regular, US, Gaelic, Australian or otherwise) but I guess it falls under then "First they came....." line of thought).

Remember these people are not the filth and so have to get a civil search warrant to do anything really fun (line of sight in the case of the mechanics workshop is a bit different), there is next to no hope of them being able to get a Anton Piller order (in current UK law although not necessarily systems derived from it it is a civil search warrant done without you being informed). Whether you mess with them is up to you, as demonstrated above they are money grubbing bastards and will most likely suffer a sense of humour failure if you do attempt to throw a wrench into their plans like that.
    Re the nursery/kids club. I am interested as to why they did not go the "educational" exemption route.

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I see it as utterly absurd. Pay a fee to listen to a freakin' radio just because someone else might hear it?!? Oh freakin' PUH-LEEZE!

See, this is what too much college education is doing to the world. Money-grubbing greedy bastards in their smug little suits screwing with the regular folk!

Luckily, I don't live in EU. Otherwise, I'd probably be sitting in a jail cell for telling them to kiss ALL of my ass and to GTFO(ff) of my property with their ridiculous crap.