Copying via cable with Acekard RPG

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by azotyp, Jan 5, 2008.

1. azotyp
    OP

azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2007
    Poland
    Poland
    I have a question, is it only me or more people encounter slow copying speed via cable with acekard rpg.
    When I plug usb reader, copying speed is 6-10x faster than copying by cable to nand flash, (using the same usb port in computer). Is there any program or something that can fasten this up ?

2. golden

golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

Dec 1, 2007
    United States
    Don't know about you but the copying rates for me are almost as fast as my micro SD reader/writer. A 64MB rom takes about 10seconds for me to copy on my NAND.

3. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    the nand flash is always gonna be slower. i doubt you'll be able to speed it up much.

However i don't find it that slow at all. maybe half as slow as the using a microsd card.

4. Kijof

Kijof Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2007
    Brazil
    To me it's a bit slow, starts slow but later the speed up, but it's no tooooooo slow...

5. Jaejae

Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

Sep 23, 2007
    New Zealand
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I haven't noticed any difference.
    The USB controller is probably of lower quality than that of your card reader.

6. DaMummy

DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 22, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland
    works fine for me...

7. gratefulbuddy

gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    on the wheel
    Different types of memory=different read/write speeds

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice