Hacking Hardware Copying System Data from N3DS XL to O2DS. How can I do that?

whiteglovian

Fedora Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR, N3DS has a damaged screen. Its a minor black spot but is rather distracting regardless, after it was accidentally caught by heavy furniture. Thank God it was closed.
I already ported my 3DS system data to Citra, as well as most of my saves, however I want to copy over my 3DS files in case the problem either gets worse on the N3DS, or my O2DS gets damaged as well.
I'll very likely find a repair shop eventually that can deal with this, but in the meantime when money is tight, I want a temporary solution. Any help is appreciated!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Screens can be replaced without any soldering and they are cheap to buy (except apparently the new 2DS which replacement screens are expensive for), you can do the repair yourself.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Unfortunately, I don't know how to take the screen off, put it back, or use/mess with ribbon cables
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+3DS+XL+2015++Upper+Screen+Replacement/86336
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+3DS+XL+2015+Lower+LCD+and+Touchscreen+Replacement/86283
Here you go. Lower screen is very easy to replace, upper screen is a bit more involved since you have to disassemble the unit fully, but still doable.
As for the ribbon cables, just be careful not to put strain on them when you're working.

Reactions: whiteglovian

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As to copying system data from n3ds system to an old 2ds, you can't do a system transfer from a new series 2ds/3ds to an old one. So your best bet is reinstalling, or redumping games, your saves etc.
As for your NNID, you need to make a new one too..

Reactions: whiteglovian

joemama_is_overused

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about just taking out the SD card and putting it in to the old 2ds
As to copying system data from n3ds system to an old 2ds, you can't do a system transfer from a new series 2ds/3ds to an old one. So your best bet is reinstalling, or redumping games, your saves etc.
As for your NNID, you need to make a new one too..

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already ported my 3DS system data to Citra, as well as most of my saves, however I want to copy over my 3DS files in case the problem either gets worse on the N3DS, or my O2DS gets damaged as well.
What, exactly do you want to copy? The only data that's really unreplaceable is your save data, and you can back that up with Checkpoint. Almost everything else can be re-downloaded; Nintendo can move your NNID to a different system if you call them up.

If you're talking about doing a System Transfer, then that is quite impossible with official tools in this case, and unofficial tools can't quite do the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol