Copying saves to retail DS carts

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by gotchaff, Mar 15, 2010.

Mar 15, 2010
  1. gotchaff
    OP

Newcomer gotchaff Member

United States
    I'm not sure if this is the right board for this topic, so just let me know if I'm in the wrong place.

I recently started playing Pokemon SoulSilver, and decided that since I love the game so much I want to buy the retail cart to support the devs. However, I've gotten 3 badges and don't really want to start over. Is there any possible way to copy my save to a retail cart after I buy it that doesn't involve buying expensive hardware? I have an Acekard 2 an an Ez Flash 3-in-1 if that matters at all.

Thanks!

2. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Conveniently the easiest way is using the 3-in-1 version of Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool.
    Instructions
    Download link
    3in1+ compatible version
    Sometimes the region of the ROM and retail cart will need to be the same for it to work, but this varies depending on the game.

3. gotchaff
    OP

Newcomer gotchaff Member

United States
    Thank you! This is exactly what I needed!

I've heard from another forum that I posted this same topic on that using homebrew to restore a save won't work with HG/SS for unknown reasons. I don't know how true this is, but I figure I'll buy the game and use what you posted. Worst case scenario it doesn't work and I have to replay 3 badges.

4. mewtwo-EX

Newcomer mewtwo-EX Member

United States
    I started a topic about this on the NDS Games forum. I am in a similar situation to you, as I started playing and want to put my save on the retail cartridge. Rudolph's tool does not work, as it says the save type is not recognized. (It works great for all other games tho!) Hopefully someone will make a patch for it.

I've also tried Rienmoon, but that doesn't work either. The card type keeps flashing between "2M save" and "Save type unknown". I think there's some specific hardware tool that does work, but I trust the homebrew community to come up with something soon.

5. gotchaff
    OP

Newcomer gotchaff Member

United States
    Ah, thanks.

I won't be able to get the game until the weekend probably, so I guess if no fix comes out by then I'll just have to start over. I'll live. [​IMG]