drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm not sure if this thread belongs here or in one of the flash card subforums...

With most DS games, including the American Pokémon Diamond/Pearl, I am able to use save dumpers like REIN from my slot 2 Supercard to back up my saves to .sav files. I can then edit those on the computer, or just restore them at a later date.

Newer games, however, seem to have some sort of copy protection scheme. The only one I've run into so far is the USA Pokémon Platinum (though I know the European Diamond and Pearl do the same thing) - REIN (and I'm sure other dumpers) only see 256KB of the save, which is actually 512KB. That doesn't have all the saved data, and therefore will show as being corrupted if you try to use it with a flash cart or emulator.

Does anybody know a way to successfully back up and restore saves from Pokémon Platinum? I have tried several save dumpers, and they all result in incomplete 256KB saves.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I successfully converted my trainer ID into a custom one without problem but I am having difficulties saving the Platinum saves from being 256KB. I think Nintendo now plays the game by being a jerk and protects the contents from being used in flashcarts. They now have R4 to test, dont they?

Regards,
Chris

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I'm saying - the Platinum saves are copy-protected. I wonder if a newer save dumper could be forced to use 512KB and ignore the DS cartridge's size information...

Saves that were started on a flash cart work fine. But you can't transfer to and from the game... at least not yet.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I don't have a DSTT, just a SuperCard One (and soon an AceKard 2i so I can use it on my DSi)... but the issue becomes putting it BACK on the retail game. Not just being able to play it on a flash cart.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
So far, I only knew the DSTT can re-generate any sav file to 1MB. Patching wont work as I've tried it. try it with other flashcarts. I successfully added 999 Balls and my money to 999999. That's the only ones I added back to my retail game.

Regards,
Chris

Make sure you make a new save file with the 256MB option in PokeSav and have a 768KB sav file and put it back on your retail.

you need:

smallftpd-1.0.3-fix
Rudolph's NDS Wifi Back Up Tool
temp folder in Drive C of your computer
PokeSav Platinum
a router
a flashcart that can generate 1MB from any file size sav. (DSTT with edited infolib whatever the name)
Pokemon Platinum retail cart

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a DSTT...

No, see, the problem is these save dumpers (I use REIN, but I think the Wifi backup tool does the same thing) can only access the first 256KB. Which means even if I do generate a 512KB file, the program will likely error when it tries to put it back.

Have you actually restored one of those hacked saves to the physical cart? Or just to your DSTT?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: BORN 2 GAME FORCED 2 PAY