ROM Hack Copying hacked diamond save file to legit cart

MercilessDeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I've got this friend with PBR that wants to copy over a whole bunch of Pokes from D/P (he doesn't even have dialup, so no worries about him ruining online play for everybody) and I've got an R4, but everywhere I've read says I won't be able to use that. I've got a friend with legit Diamond, but he's not very far and basically the dude with PBR just likes getting stoned and battling with other people so he wants some original Pokes we all remember from back in the day.

I was thinking I could download a hacked savefile easy enough or make my own, but I'm lost as far as getting it onto the legit cart. I got pointed in the direction of Rein DS, but the documentation for that isn't really in english and I don't have the patience right now to fuck with it to get it working, especially because I don't wanna fuck up my buddy's legit save file; I wanna be able to back that up. Anybody got some tips to point me in the right direction?

Basically, what I've got is a DSL with an R4, 1 gig Kingston, and an EZFV 3-in1. My buddy has a legit Diamond game, and my other buddy has a legit PBR.

MercilessDeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try those programs, thanks guys. I didn't mess around with ReinDS that much but it really appeared to be something for slot-2 users, but I'm not even really sure. I'll give these a go and tell you how it turns out.

charpsp20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually there is a newer of reinmoon for slot 2 that is in english. If i remember eepinator was troublesome if you were trying to take rom save (like m3 simply) and put it in the original cartridge because of the memory size difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board. +1